Secret Auction Market

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Re: Secret Auction Market

Postby 5iM on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 06:47:50 +0000

do it
5iM
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 06:55:20 +0000

or we can stop regulating the MARKET and instead regulate the SUPPLY.

i mean, look how complex your system is. it just seems like a pain in the ass to use. besides, if its an "auction," does that mean that multiple people will be bidding on an item? meaning that they would have to wait until the time runs out in order to MAYBE get ecs. (because they have no idea what anyone else tried to buy them for) Or is this simply a "hide the selling price" sort of thing, thus not actually an auction?
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 08:01:33 +0000

Trinexx wrote:We're never going back to a free market. Inflation got way out of hand last time

tl;dr: I don't see you offering any viable solutions.

do you understand WHY inflation got out of hand?

the VIABLE solution is to return the the free market, and regulate the supply of ecs by adding a sort of "constant stream" that can increase or decrease depending on the price. For example, an ec shop that determines the amount you can buy based off of the "average price" on the market. The higher the price, the more you can buy. there, problem solved. no retarded market regulation bullshit. real. viable. solution.
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 14:15:02 +0000

Trinexx wrote:It's not really an auction, but I couldn't think of a better name for it.

You could try 'system', or even just take auction out and it would still make sense.

IMO, the jury is still out on the current system. This seems like a lot of hard work and a bit overcomplicated, but has some logic to it. If the current market system screws up, then post this idea again/bump next year ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 17:31:13 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:
Trinexx wrote:It's not really an auction, but I couldn't think of a better name for it.

You could try 'system', or even just take auction out and it would still make sense.

IMO, the jury is still out on the current system. This seems like a lot of hard work and a bit overcomplicated, but has some logic to it. If the current market system screws up, then post this idea again/bump next year ;)
|7s|Blanz wrote:
Trinexx wrote:We're never going back to a free market. Inflation got way out of hand last time

tl;dr: I don't see you offering any viable solutions.

do you understand WHY inflation got out of hand?

the VIABLE solution is to return the the free market, and regulate the supply of ecs by adding a sort of "constant stream" that can increase or decrease depending on the price. For example, an ec shop that determines the amount you can buy based off of the "average price" on the market. The higher the price, the more you can buy. there, problem solved. no retarded market regulation bullshit. real. viable. solution.

Sigh, Change is good.
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Sun, 03 Jan 2010 18:02:21 +0000

Trinexx wrote:Average price is way too easily gamed.

well, it can easily be made so that stuff under half the average price doesn't affect the average price. or have the same sort of "tax" for selling too low in addition to selling too high. Either way, its the concept that counts. This idea seems like Frankenstein's monster to me, which will turn people away from the market entirely.
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 04 Jan 2010 01:12:24 +0000

|7s|Blanz wrote:
Trinexx wrote:Average price is way too easily gamed.

well, it can easily be made so that stuff under half the average price doesn't affect the average price. or have the same sort of "tax" for selling too low in addition to selling too high. Either way, its the concept that counts. This idea seems like Frankenstein's monster to me, which will turn people away from the market entirely.

Unusually I agree with blanz here. This market is too complicated and will make players confused (never mind the coders!). The tax is a bit counter intuitive as I've argued before, and a straight up cap at 50% seems both acceptable and on the cards, so I'd make do with that.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Orsm on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:21:18 +0000

There will be no secret auctions
Orsm
Admin

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions