Money Sink: Facility Fees.

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Money Sink: Facility Fees.

Postby valtam on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 07:31:19 +0000

As requested:

A real money sink should be placed at the training facility. The fees you have to pay per train now is completely negligable, they should scale with the amount of energy you spend in there. The change would most definately not be welcomed by most people I assume, as it will make the game a whole lot harder, but it would also be extremely effective at keeping the inflation in check.
valtam

CW Profile

Re: Money Sink: Facility Fees.

Postby born2hack on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:07:53 +0000

Nice idea, but lets keep fighting over it till I max my IQ and use all me reserve ecs?
This game deserves a better class of Net Guards...I'm gonna give it to 'em.
born2hack
Donator

CW Profile

Postby valtam on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:22:19 +0000

Actually, on second thought, that's not neccessary. Just leave the Beta Facility free for donators just as it is today, but implement scaling fees on all other facilities. That way you don't have to worry that much on lower tiers of the game, but once you reach a high enough stat-range so that you can train at the best facilities, it's in turn going to get expensive aswell, making it harder to get the best outcome from your stats the higher you get.
valtam

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:46:33 +0000

|:D| born2hack |:D| wrote:Nice idea, but lets keep fighting over it till I max my IQ and use all me reserve ecs?

Luls.
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:57:30 +0000

As the only purpose of CDs in this game is to get energy to use (in the end) on stats, somehow it seems to me that needing stats to train stats doesn't add up. I'm tired at the moment and can't think, but I'm sure I'll think up a better critique later :P
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby valtam on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 21:37:51 +0000

That's an entirely different discussion, but that's the way how the facilities work already, after all. Third facility requires 1000 in all stats, fourth require 10000, fifth requires 25000. They've worked like that since they were added in the first place. In other words, which one of us misunderstood the other? :P
valtam

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:22:05 +0000

valtam wrote: In other words, which one of us misunderstood the other? :P

Hah! Yea you misunderstood me.
What I'm saying is that, through some logical steps, CDs=Stats. Now, needing to spend CDs in order to increase stats, means you have to spend stats to make stats, which is effectively just a levy on stats and you may as well just increase the divisor on IQ to 170 instead of 160 for the same effect.

However, CDs>stats via ECs, and CD:EC conversion rates are effected by CDs. Thus, I now like this idea :P
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions