Cost of a gang

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Re: Cost of a gang

Postby Confuzzed on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:10:50 +0000

Why are you redirecting me to the suggestions forum??

-- Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:00:51 +0000 --

This deserves its own post, sorry for double posting

Current ranks of 200 - 215
#200 VIRUS 435.056 Hackers
#201 |BAD| Lusty Kitten 428.400 Net Guards
#202 mertna 421.680 Hackers
#203 Templar 417.801 Net Guards
#204 cloneblade 413.261 Net Guards
#205 mattix[end] 411.370 Net Guards
#206 faran17 408.357 Hackers
#207 BoPwnsJ00! 384.593 Net Guards
#208 matpa116 384.029 Hackers
#209 gallzar 381.542 Hackers
#210 S.B.F ZeR0 Co0L 380.429 Net Guards
#211 ServantOfDeath 375.813 Net Guards
#212 Barnix 375.059 Hackers
#213 crimevillage 362.000 Net Guards
#214 dockronixion 361.200 Net Guards
#215 Triggered 360.012 Net Guards

Out of those 15 people, 10 are already inactive those 10 being

http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=10341 - Mertna
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=11546 - Cloneblade
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=10771 - faran17
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=10012 - BoPwnsJ00! (not 100% sure about Bo)
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=11273 - matpa116
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=10281 - gallzar
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=10491 - Barnix
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=11174 - crimevillage
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=11182 - dockronixion
http://www.cyber-wars.com/view.php?view=10832 - Triggered

If you would like i can randomly select another group of people (people outside the top 200) and see about this again. But slowly this is starting to prove my point, we need to get people into gangs and teach them how to play. Its pointless having the same old people that placed CW playing here again without anyone new

To address the inactive problem, If the gang owner is inactive for more than 31 days then that gang should be removed (assets and all) there is no reason to keep your funds or anything inside your gang anymore. on CW they removed the inactive gangs and eventually that will happen here as well, but that is why we have staff/admins.

There is no point in screwing the people who want to play but just dont know how and this is all that you are doing. Consider those people in your calculations because if you dont, its going to be the same people inside this game until Orsm takes down the entire server OR until inflation gets us to a point where people can create gangs BUT by then you will have lost out on thousands of possible players AND you have the problem of noobs starting with no stats and the whole "This mountain is 2 high to climb" which caused the reset in a way would just been restarted.

Anyhow that is my final 2 cents worth on this topic, it aint my game, i just play it

-- Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:49:19 +0000 --

Another reason for noob gangs

http://www.cyber-wars.com/serverranks.php?show=all

Look at all the people that have been buying servers in 1's. Later on when they realize what they are doing, well i reckon we will lose alot of them, that is providing they play long enough to learn that
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:05:07 +0000

Confuzzed wrote:Why are you redirecting me to the suggestions forum??

Confuzzed wrote:But could i then suggest somehow teaching people to play?

Confuzzed wrote:This deserves its own post, sorry for double posting

Double posts are allowed since the edit into last post mod was installed ;)

Confuzzed wrote:If you would like i can randomly select another group of people (people outside the top 200) and see about this again. But slowly this is starting to prove my point, we need to get people into gangs and teach them how to play. Its pointless having the same old people that placed CW playing here again without anyone new

CW has always had at least 10 inactives to 1 active, because it is a pretty hard game. IMO, if they cba to read the tutorial they won't like CW and will probably just quit later, and even if newb gangs are created, how will the newbs know to join them if they don't read the tut? ;)

Confuzzed wrote:To address the inactive problem, If the gang owner is inactive for more than 31 days then that gang should be removed (assets and all) there is no reason to keep your funds or anything inside your gang anymore. on CW they removed the inactive gangs and eventually that will happen here as well, but that is why we have staff/admins.

I don't really see how this would fix anything, and would just create a lot more moaning people and a lot more people not bothering to come back if they quit.

Confuzzed wrote:There is no point in screwing the people who want to play but just dont know how and this is all that you are doing. Consider those people in your calculations because if you dont, its going to be the same people inside this game until Orsm takes down the entire server OR until inflation gets us to a point where people can create gangs BUT by then you will have lost out on thousands of possible players AND you have the problem of noobs starting with no stats and the whole "This mountain is 2 high to climb" which caused the reset in a way would just been restarted.

Anyhow that is my final 2 cents worth on this topic, it aint my game, i just play it

You're right. You're a player and so can do something about this. Admins aren't going to create a newb gang, so why don't you get out there and see if you can find some people who support your views, then go and create your newb gang.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 06:51:49 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:

U still didnt answer this, btw

|OSX|Rusty wrote:CW has always had at least 10 inactives to 1 active, because it is a pretty hard game. IMO, if they cba to read the tutorial they won't like CW and will probably just quit later, and even if newb gangs are created, how will the newbs know to join them if they don't read the tut? ;)

That may be true, but at this point we should be able to keep alot more actives as everyone is around the same stats

|OSX|Rusty wrote:I don't really see how this would fix anything, and would just create a lot more moaning people and a lot more people not bothering to come back if they quit.

When people quit, they usually dont come back until something like a reset happens and yes i can see your point here as we have alot of whiners

|OSX|Rusty wrote:You're right. You're a player and so can do something about this. Admins aren't going to create a newb gang, so why don't you get out there and see if you can find some people who support your views, then go and create your newb gang.

At those prices, there aint a chance i am creating a gang, its day light robbery. I never said they should make it easy to own a gang, but right now at those prices, hell would freeze over before i start a gang
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby born2hack on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 06:57:31 +0000

I am in no way interested in starting a gang but still in OCW, gangs were cheaper, I guess 100 ecs, so wasn't that much of a problem, it is like 3 days ecs with 600kills. Thing is "after" starting a gang in the CURRENT NCW scenario, its very difficult that a new gang might last, so if it does break down, the owner would pretty much loose everything.

Also contradictory, I support the 5 people pitch resources together to make gang idea.

Just my two cents.
This game deserves a better class of Net Guards...I'm gonna give it to 'em.
born2hack
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:03:48 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:Yea, go here.

And then there was the part i put into the wrong forum :D

Confuzzed wrote:-- Mon, 18 Jan 2010 06:43:24 +0000 --

How the hell is the suggestions forum going to teach a person how to play??

as a matter of interet, how many new players want automated answer (reffering to noob threads)

People want to deal with people on a 1 on 1 basis and you know something Rusty, you taught me that when i orginally came across this site.
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:04:15 +0000

|DD| born2hack wrote:I am in no way interested in starting a gang but still in OCW, gangs were cheaper, I guess 100 ecs, so wasn't that much of a problem, it is like 3 days ecs with 600kills.

Thus with 300 ECs it is 9 days of ECs with 600 kills ;)
Or, as you suggested, 2 and a bit days of 5 people's energy with 600 kills.
That seems the new way to form a gang, and all it means is that the superpowers find it very hard on their own. As fuzzy is implying, gangs are a key part of CW's social aspect and now they are even more so, needing many players to agree to start one. If you have a good idea for a gang, why not go post it in the gang ads forum and see if you can find some backers?
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:43:56 +0000

Nope all it really is doing is keeping people out of gangs.

All good by me though, meanless less people to pass on the way to the top
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:29:32 +0000

Confuzzed wrote:All good by me though, meanless less people to pass on the way to the top

Then why did you make this topic? ;)

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:21:29 +0000

It says suggestions, it was a suggestion, thus the thread was created.

And frankly it will be a last
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:02:17 +0000

Confuzzed wrote:And frankly it will be a last

Don't stop suggesting, just suggest more ideas that are likely to be implemented. And remember, just because I disagree doesn't mean its a bad idea. I'm not always right XD

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:50:15 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:Don't stop suggesting, just suggest more ideas that are likely to be implemented. And remember, just because I disagree doesn't mean its a bad idea. I'm not always right XD

Nah ur just the person that can get Orsm to look at things, oh wait you actually are the mod for suggestions :o
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 20:58:07 +0000

Confuzzed wrote:Nah ur just the person that can get Orsm to look at things

Don't you read any of my topics? ;)
I implemented this so that players now have the power to suggest what they want done. I haven't referred any suggestion in NCW to orsm so far because no one has used the system.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Fri, 22 Jan 2010 00:17:53 +0000

I can get Orsm to looks at things tooo....

Also, Gang prices are reasonable. We don't need a shitload of gangs out there going inactive.
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:51:20 +0000

You know i think you guys are rite, but here is a catch 22 for you

In order for a few people to be able to make a gang, you would have to get all the assets to one person, thus selling it on the market at 1cd per. This would affect ALOT of people as it would drop the average price

For example the current ecs price of 78678

So yeah i think you guys are right, the price is good, its gng to drop the prices of ecs and webs in order to open up gangs while the prices of DD's will continue to rise. could be very interesting
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:50:42 +0000

Confuzzed wrote:In order for a few people to be able to make a gang, you would have to get all the assets to one person, thus selling it on the market at 1cd per. This would affect ALOT of people as it would drop the average price

Sales at 1 CD do not effect the average price (admins have shown some forward thinking on the market update ;)).

Rusty

CW Profile

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions