Fixing Jobs/Intent

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Fixing Jobs/Intent

Postby Blanz on Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:19:10 +0000

I am currently talking to people in chat about the horror that has replaced jobs/intent. Originally, intent was a game changer, with 250 point stat boosts that made up much of people's stats. Now with 25 point stat boosts and 80% max, (WHY???) intent is simply a shadow of its former self.

I could use my energy from the next four hours and get more stats than i have gotten from day one with intent, and im #3 in intent skill. To me, that is a problem.

The thing is, this can very easily be fixed. Right now, Jobs 1,2,4,6,8, and 9 are all USELESS. Thats 60% of all the possible jobs. if each one was simply restructured, intent could be much more useful.

With a simple adjustment of intent needed, percentages, and earnings, intent could be fixed and give out a decent amount of stats.

Here's my idea - (Remember: numbers can easily be changed)

-Newbie Job - Stays the same.
-For every proceeding job, the output doubles (so job 1 gives 0.2, job 2 gives 0.4, job 3 gives 0.8, etc) Since job 9 would theoretically give over 50 intent skill, maybe that many jobs arent needed. or maybe it can be kept, and intent can become a monster game changer
-Each job requires 1 intent. (if you want this to increase, also increase the output proportionally)
-The percentages work so that once job 1 reaches 80%, job 2 reaches 20%. (So when job 2 reaches 80%, job 3 reaches 20%, etc) Since after 40% success rate, the next job becomes useful, this means that one has to stay on their current job for a while. This also makes every single job useful, rather than 40% of them.

With these changes, it will actually take a very long time to get to the later jobs, so it will be very rewarding once one finally reaches 80% on the final job. But more importantly, intent will be useful and interesting once again.
Blanz

CW Profile

Re: Fixing Jobs/Intent

Postby The.System.is.HUNG on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:49:15 +0000

I second this revision. This could help massively reduce the time wasted with jobs and allow the big bonusses to return. Even if the 250 point stat boost isn't in the cards consider revising the jobs into something more useful and interesting. Dont be afraid to also give each job a story instead of just a number.
The.System.is.HUNG
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Fixing Jobs/Intent

Postby Captain of the OSX on Thu, 01 Jul 2010 03:44:38 +0000

I 3rd this revision. The useless jobs just kind of take up space as it is... and intent isn't very useful any-more either
Captain of the OSX

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions