Suggestions for the Weapons

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Suggestions for the Weapons

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:38:26 +0000

For one, we need an updated max Motherboard, since the highest current motherboard is level 15+ even though RAM and CPU are level 35+ and Hard Drive is level 25+...

For two, it would be awesome if a customizable factor were introduced in the way of software, like pre-reset CW... But with a tweak.

Say I wanted to boost my Attack power using a program. I'd go to the Software Shop and create a +500 ATK program.

When I go to equip it, though, just like old CW I would need a certain amount of space from each hardware aspect (except motherboard)... Though depending on the size of the program I would need different amounts of space from each.

Using my example of a +500 ATK, it would need to take up somewhere along the lines of 50 MB of Hard Drive space, 32 MB of RAM space, and would require half the use of the CPU. So that many original stat boosts from the base hardware would be subtracted from my available hardware, lowering those boosts, but giving me the big boost I was looking for.

For instance, the cost against the base hardware for a +500 program if it took what I listed above would be: -50 HDD boost and -6.25CPU boost off of ONE 80MB Hard Drive, as well as -32 RAM boost and -5BUS boost from ONE 64MB RAM, and -65CPU boost and -20 BUS boost from ONE CyberTech Synaptix X4 CPU processor.

To limit people from abusing this and sneaking 5k worth of extra stats under the guise of their shown game stats, make a limit to how much boost a player can have relative to their stats, like a 1/5th boost max relative to their game score

For example if a player had 5k game score, they could only USE up to 1k worth of software boosts, nothing more. they could -make- more weapons, and either sell them or put them into the Gang Armory (if that is still around), but until they got more game score they couldn't boost their own weapons stats any more.
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Suggestions for the Weapons

Postby Toast on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:40:54 +0000

Top suggestion nomination!!
Toast

CW Profile

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:41:32 +0000

Thanks Toast. :) I didn't think you liked this idea from how you were talking in Chat.
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:54:44 +0000

I agree on the software part. For the motherboards, it'd be nice to have, but it's not ultimately necessary.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:23:22 +0000

-1 I like the new weapon system, I only wish there was a gang armory still
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 19:56:47 +0000

sounds way to confusing to pull off from coding.
adding boosts, subtracting from others. thought viruses were supposed to do something like that?
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 20:35:12 +0000

This confuses me, can you explain it more simply? :P And it pappy seems to think it looks difficult to implement, so you still have to win me over ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:14:53 +0000

Rusty understand maths. AR use maths to explain to Rusty.
I also am going to change it -slightly- to make it easier to calculate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best weapons available right now:
CyberTech M144 Manufacturer: CyberTech
Model: M144
Slots: 1xCPU, 4xRAM, 4xHDD
User level: 15+

CyberTech Synaptix X4 Manufacturer: CyberTech
Model: Synaptic X4
Specs: +130 CPU, +40 BUS statpoints
User level: 35+

CyberTech RAM 64MB RAM 64MB
Specs: +64 RAM, +10 BUS statpoints
User level: 35+

CyberTech Storage 80MB Harddisk 80MB
Specs: +80 HDD, +10 CPU statpoints
User level: 25+
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maxing those bits of hardware (1 motherboard, 1 processor, 4x 64MB RAM, 4x 80GBHD) yields this total stat boost:
Stats modification:

CPU : +170
BUS : +80
RAM : +256
HDD : +320

Now also consider the Hard Drive and RAM in terms of their space values (80GB and 64MB respectively), those maxed out is 320GB and 256MB, respectively. CPU will be measured from 1%-100%. These are the various capacities of your hardware (motherboard doesn't count). The BUS will be calculated with the CPU.

Using my program idea, the program would take up a certain amount of RAM, Hard Drive, and CPU/BUS capacity.

Say you want a +500 Attack program. Consider that it would take 50GB of Hard Drive, 32MB of RAM, and 50% of the CPU/BUS.

You'd have 270GB of Hard Drive left, 224MB of RAM left, and 50% of the CPU/BUS left. BEFORE the program's power is added in.

So instead of this: ............... We'd have this: ........... Via this formula:
CPU : +170 ........................ CPU: +85 ................... (CPU/2)
BUS : +80 .......................... BUS: +40 ................... (BUS/2)
RAM : +256 ........................ RAM: +224 .................. (RAM-32)
HDD : +320 ........................ HDD: +770 .................. (HDD-50+500)

Each player could make their own custom weapons, and the size of each weapon would determine how much hardware boost is lost to make up for their program's much larger boost. Also, there would be several limits to the amount of boosts that a player could have:
The quality of their equipment and how much of their original hardware ratings is remaining (With CPU and BUS being the most limiting factors since by this example +500 boost takes 50% of the overall CPU and BUS boosts, leaving only one more +500 program available)

and

1/5th of the player's total game score.

Please note that these are just speculative numbers for the usage cost of the program, and that if someone comes up with better ratios then they would gladly be expected. *Stares at the mythic formula-master Rusty*
Last edited by [1]Savage Wolf on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:19:25 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:18:09 +0000

so they are bigger viruses like i said earlier that are always equipped for yourself?
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:25:30 +0000

Kinda, pappy, except they have definitive values, where Viruses don't.

It's almost exactly like the old system, except instead of just the programs counting towards boosts, the hardware also does (like it does now), but the programs take away from ALL of the hardware boosts to give you one larger boost to the stat of your choice.
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 22:22:13 +0000

or we can have a percentage-based system, so that weapons actually become useful.
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 00:55:35 +0000

|7s|Blanz wrote:or we can have a percentage-based system, so that weapons actually become useful.

Problem with that is that you only need to buy the weapon once, then it gives you that % for ever. It doesn't adjust for inflation as admins adding new weapons can. That said, the admins adding new weapons system means the supply of weapons is a manual thing, so can be slow when they have better things to do.
Some sort of system of self-creating weapons is needed, and although AR's is well thought out and more realistic than the current system, is quite complicated to code and would take a lot of the admins time up. If they don't have any other ideas, it would be nice to see them do it, but they might have greater and already thought through and coded plans that would be easier to adopt at this stage.
However, good job explaining :)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 01:01:47 +0000

You might be right about them already having a system thought up, Rusty, but it shouldn't be all that hard to code.

If they still have the old code for the original weapons systems, they can simply add in the other variables using that code and maybe swiping a bit of code from Viruses.
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 05:45:17 +0000

Rusty wrote:
|7s|Blanz wrote:or we can have a percentage-based system, so that weapons actually become useful.

Problem with that is that you only need to buy the weapon once, then it gives you that % for ever. It doesn't adjust for inflation as admins adding new weapons can. That said, the admins adding new weapons system means the supply of weapons is a manual thing, so can be slow when they have better things to do.
Some sort of system of self-creating weapons is needed, and although AR's is well thought out and more realistic than the current system, is quite complicated to code and would take a lot of the admins time up. If they don't have any other ideas, it would be nice to see them do it, but they might have greater and already thought through and coded plans that would be easier to adopt at this stage.
However, good job explaining :)

umm, what about adding higher percentages at an exponential cost?
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:18:43 +0000

then they get too effective
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Next

Return to Suggestions