A redo of alot of things

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

A redo of alot of things

Postby Confuzzed on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:18:40 +0000

I have been trying to think of a new money sink and then this come to me with regards to the latest update for the districts. Please bear with me as this will be a very long post

We need to redo the district battles and how that works, but keep the boosts in place.

Instead of using the gang guardians for the battles, we only use the gangs upgrades. The upgrades work like this (for those that dont know) and only do speed/ attack/ defense/ firewall

Level - Added stats - Cost

1 10 50,000
2 20 100,000
3 30 150,000
4 40 200,000
5 50 250,000

and so on. We now change this to the following

Upgrades are bought for HDD/Cpu/Ram/Bus calculated at the same rate as the current system, while your firewall is calculated via the gang Level at the same rate as a normal player. Thus the money sink of upgrades would still apply.

This creates a HUGE money sink within the game as people will have to upgrade gangs in order to obtain the various districts.

You would also need to put a "limit" on certain districts, so for example you cannot go for university until you are at level 50 in each upgrade.

It also means current upgrades would have to be canceled and the moneys returned to the gangs

PART 2

Now we would still want to know which gang was the best and i think i have an idea there as well.
This idea is also make gangs more attractive as alot of people dont see the point in being in a gang at the moment due to active wars

We create "garbage folders"(sort of like a trophy)
So we create 7 folders (trophies) each folder has one of the following - Bus/Ram/HDD/Cpu/Cash/Web/Ecs

These folders work on a monthly basis with you only being able to hold onto 1 folder (meaning at the end of the month you can only get one of the stat boost).
At no point can you have 2 folders(trophies). The folders are then fought for via the usual gang wars . However you cannot attack a gang more than 3 times in a row (so that other gangs can have a chance) also if 2 gangs are in a battle, the winning gang would then get to decide which folder to keep and which one to discard. The discarded folder would stay with the losing gang.

On the 1st of each month the folders would be taken away and the boosts inside would be given the members of the gang that holds the folders.

I was thinking the following for boosts

Bus/Ram/HDD/Cpu folders = 0.25% per member in the gang (with a maximum of 10%) - this would be given to the members
Cash = 500,000 per member - with a maximum of 10 mil (given to the gang)
Webs = 3,500 per member - with a maximum of 50k(given to the gang)
Ecs = 5 per member - with a maximum of 100 (given to the gang)

However this does do away with guardians as if it were to be put into place i dont see a use for them.

Feel free to discuss this idea
Last edited by Confuzzed on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:54:06 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Re: A redo of alot of things

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:20:15 +0000

..."This is unjustified spam" I lolled.

Anyways... I like the first part of the idea. No gang should get everything because the top players are in it. The second part kinda confused me... explain a little more please?
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Postby [7s] Twidget on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:30:31 +0000

I definitely like the idea of having district battles only taking gang stats into account, getting rid of the guardians. This would make the current system much less biased towards gangs that have one or two really strong players and much more even overall. Maybe even make gang level factor into the equation. As far as I can tell, that's always been a totally useless stat, not figured into anything other than bragging rights.

The rest of it I'm not so sure about. Gang upgrades are already a fairly large money sink. It's just up until now, there wasn't much use in investing in gang upgrades.
[7s] Twidget
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:47:38 +0000

[7s] Twidget wrote:I definitely like the idea of having district battles only taking gang stats into account, getting rid of the guardians. This would make the current system much less biased towards gangs that have one or two really strong players and much more even overall. Maybe even make gang level factor into the equation. As far as I can tell, that's always been a totally useless stat, not figured into anything other than bragging rights.

The rest of it I'm not so sure about. Gang upgrades are already a fairly large money sink. It's just up until now, there wasn't much use in investing in gang upgrades.

Yea, pretty much this :P

On the face of it I was against completely getting rid of gang guardians, however now I realise that they really do make gangs biased towards having 2-3 good members. Those gangs will take the best benefits and therefore become stronger and dominated by the few strong players, and I'm glad to see that even twidget, owner of a gang with high ranked members, is in support of this idea!

You'll have to explain the 2nd part of the idea again, because I'm either too tired or it's too complicated :P
However, I think the first should be Nominated for Top Suggestion

Oh, and as an added suggestion, upgrade costs should probably be exponential rather than linear.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:54:17 +0000

As per the suggestions i have added the following into my top post

Change of Gang upgrades and firewall - ALL IN RED

More detail of Part 2

Updated boosts for Part 2

I hope that Part 2 makes more sense now
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [EPCI]Gatekeeper on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:45:37 +0000

Not sure this would change the money sinking that is already occuring. I am sure while you were writing this you had no idea that 7s and DD have been having a "who can spend more money on upgrades" war(which DD is currently winning). I am not sure that amount of money the 2 gangs have spent, but it will only get more and more and the game progesses. I like the way things are at this time, but if the game was to change I would change the way I play with it.
[EPCI]Gatekeeper

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:34:50 +0000

[7s]Gatekeeper wrote:I am sure while you were writing this you had no idea that 7s and DD have been having a "who can spend more money on upgrades" war(which DD is currently winning)

You underestimate TMz's Intelligence Agencies ;)

Idea 2 is now cleared up. It doesn't look that vital, so maybe UP10 or something :P However, a change to the district system would be a good move.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions