Money

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Money

Postby [1]MCK on Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:24:20 +0000

This is not a suggestion within itself, but something which we will need to fix. There will soon be too much money on here, like there was on the old game. Ozy is rank 1. He has loads of money and the max amount of servers. This means he can buy everything on the market. Soon, others will be the same as Ozy meaning the prices will go up. High prices mean harder for noobs to break into top ranks meaning that they won't join. No noobs no more CW. Therefore, i think we need to think of ways to make people spend more of their money.

I can't think of any ways atm so any suggestions?
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Money

Postby Ozy {DD} on Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:52:37 +0000

:D

Happy Birthday McK !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Bish on Tue, 06 Apr 2010 12:50:21 +0000

Some sort of minigame.. pay to play which some sort of bonus.. there ya go
Bish

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:24:25 +0000

This topic is not a suggestion and states a very, very obvious problem with CW. The suggestions forum is for suggesting solutions rather than stating problems, so please post a suggestion to make this topic relevant or I'll just move it to the general forum.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:03:46 +0000

its a thread to suggest ways to remove money from the game....
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:57:56 +0000

OK, here a suggestion, remove servers and hacking for money but increase the money you get from hacking a player. Then as you level you will get money to buy the ECs.
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 11:17:22 +0000

{DD}MCKiller wrote:OK, here a suggestion, remove servers and hacking for money but increase the money you get from hacking a player. Then as you level you will get money to buy the ECs.

Which you'll use to hack more players from which you'll get more money from which you can buy more ECs which you'll use to hack more players etc etc until we have inflation again. That is too direct of a 'energy for energy' route, which you can get away with if there is chance (ie hacking for money) or if it more of a complicated cycle. It also does not remove money from the game, but simply moves it around more.

{DD}PaPPy wrote:its a thread to suggest ways to remove money from the game....

The entire pretence of this forum is to suggest ways to do thing. Creating an umbrella thread is not helpful, as it adds nothing to the debate. Posting ideas (like the one above) lets us explore different routes and eventually come to an agreeable solution.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby michaelarby on Fri, 09 Apr 2010 14:37:50 +0000

SOLUTION

remove the marketplace and replace them with shops. These shops will buy users ECs for price x and sell them for price 2x. The shops inventory will consist solely of charges traded in by players. This way players still earn money, the market isnt flooded with infinite ECs and money is removed from the system (at a rate which can be decided by the admins), from the rich players, allowing the poor to catch up. Probably need to adjust the price to something other than x - 2x though, in order to prevent deflation... and put in a protocol where one player cant just buy 300 charges in one sale and empty the shop- maybe just have buttons of 'buy 1 charge', buy 2 charges', 'buy 5 charges' etc.
michaelarby
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 09 Apr 2010 19:36:36 +0000

Very, very restrictive on CW's economy. It removes a vital part of CW in the market trading ability and will restrict the supply of ECs, as currently there are barely ever any on the market so no more will come about if they are centralised into a pot.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby michaelarby on Fri, 09 Apr 2010 20:50:02 +0000

i can see how the interface and the lack of one on one trade might jarr people at first, but they're already centralised into a pot- the marketplace itself. The only difference is you wouldnt be seeing whos charges you're buying. and it wouldnt harm the economy- far from it. With the admins able to control prices its the only thing that would stop it spiralling out of control! At the end of the day, people will still be able to buy ECs and Sell ECs. Whether or not rich players buy out every listing in the marketplace is no different to them buying every one in a shop inventory- it'll work much the same, with someone in chat saying they've sold x number to the shop, and the same mad scramble to be first to get em! You say that the market place is always empty- thats because people want to buy them. They're never going to sit there (unlessof course someone charges a ridiculous price for em, which is the very thing we're trying to avoid. So maybe people get annoyed that they dont get a bargain or a deal at the marketplace anymore- thats a small price to pay to make sure the entire economy doesnt get borked like the last one...
michaelarby
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:23:04 +0000

The other problem is that if they are priced incorrectly by the admins, people just won't sell them. The market cap that was introduced before meant that people couldn't sell for ridiculous prices. Precisely because of this, people didn't sell at all and the market ground to a halt, and unfortunately I can see the same thing happening with this update IMO

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby michaelarby on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:00:42 +0000

hmmm yes i can see your point. but if the shop price was set to current market prices (or even a little higher than current prices to sway the masses, it wouldnt be a problem. when a market cap was introduced last time, was it at a much lower price than people were currently selling for? if that was the case i could understand people not wanting to sell so low, but if implemented now with a reasonable shop price for ecs the transition might not be so bad. (especially with relatively few players currently online- ie all new players after the update wouldnt feel alienated since they've never had it any different)

The only issue that would cause concern is that if you were to implement an x:2x buy:sell ratio, then does the shop buy at current market prices (pandering to the sellers but meaning the buyer must pay double) or sell at current market prices (meaning buyers are getting charged the same as before, but selling only gets you half what you used to earn...)
michaelarby
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:47:27 +0000

In the previous update, (if I remember correctly) the rate was set above the market value, but inflation continued. After market value went above it, people simply stopped using the market and used the old direct transfer method.

michaelarby wrote:ie all new players after the update

That's you and about 3 other people, which is why we are in this mess in the first place :P

michaelarby wrote:The only issue that would cause concern is that if you were to implement an x:2x buy:sell ratio, then does the shop buy at current market prices (pandering to the sellers but meaning the buyer must pay double) or sell at current market prices (meaning buyers are getting charged the same as before, but selling only gets you half what you used to earn...)

This would have to be the first way, as sellers simply wouldn't sell if they felt like they were being forced down in price and the market would dry up.

I still don't like this near communist solution to the economic problem, as it removes something that was very interesting about CW and, although not good, is still a key feature that makes CW what it is today.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:02:58 +0000

Introduce a new commodity that trades at about 2.5x EC prices and gives the benefits of about 3 ECs. I call it the mega energy charge. You can call it MECs.

Or you can remove ECs or restrict them to 15 per day so that only the uber dedicated can get to the weekly 600, and if you do this, remove the EC market and open an EC shop which buys and sells at nominal market prices. This slows player growth, removes money from the game, etc. Win-win.

OR, the admins can add increasingly more expensive equipment that would then be required to use ECs. At first, the machine could cost $100k but only draws 40 energy, all the way up to 25mil, which draws 75 energy. The machine's suceptible to random malfunctions (2.5% of the time the machine breaks), and that requires you to buy a new machine.

I'll take my prize now.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:49:31 +0000

Not A Duck wrote:Introduce a new commodity that trades at about 2.5x EC prices and gives the benefits of about 3 ECs. I call it the mega energy charge. You can call it MECs.

Would make the EC redundant, and be replaced by this new thing giving more energy, fuelling stat inflation. Making ECs give out 75 energy would have exactly the same effect.

Not A Duck wrote:Or you can remove ECs or restrict them to 15 per day so that only the uber dedicated can get to the weekly 600, and if you do this, remove the EC market and open an EC shop which buys and sells at nominal market prices. This slows player growth, removes money from the game, etc. Win-win.

Only removes 15 ECs worth of money from players every day, and removes a large feature of CW. More neutral-loss IMO

Not A Duck wrote:OR, the admins can add increasingly more expensive equipment that would then be required to use ECs. At first, the machine could cost $100k but only draws 40 energy, all the way up to 25mil, which draws 75 energy. The machine's susceptible to random malfunctions (2.5% of the time the machine breaks), and that requires you to buy a new machine.

I don't quite understand this idea, so can you flesh it out a bit more for me. Would the energy be taken each time it was used, or once a day? Also, what benefit does the weapon give you exactly? And at what point would it be more worth it to use the 75 energy to train instead of whatever these weapons do?

Not A Duck wrote:I'll take my prize now.

Hah, there's no prizes for suggesting nice things in CW, just slight (very slight) pride in that you were right :P

Rusty

CW Profile

Next

Return to Suggestions