Money

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Re: Money

Postby Sha{DD}ow on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:14:40 +0000

Folks, i hate to be the bearer of bad news. however, this is impossible. You are all trying to suggest a way to "slow" down the higher ranked person (who has money, EC's, and webs). Yet, we are trying to speed up the Newb players (who don't have Money, EC's and Webs). This very logic is impossible. What took others time to build WILL take the same amount of time for new players. As, for the economy, its going to happen. When each player can (and will) eventually make 5m/day (via the "go hacking") plus all of the money they get from killing.. it not only adds a shit load of money, but keeps it here and present to pass around. (minus the little that goes out). This is just simply impossible.. eventually, they will have to stop adding money, and simply just allow money to be passed around.... which might just work.. Perhaps a max total CW CD amount (all players accumulated) can't go over say 1 trillion. (work out the details.).. Real life doesn't over flood, because.. we don't just... make money out of the blue, as for every "1 dollar" there is 1 oz of gold.. or so it was. We don't just...... poof theres money.. as we do in CW. <-- this is where the issue lies. (i think)

the only way to keep the noobs....in the game.... per sai is to give them some sort of bonus (when they start) as the game continues. so... people joining now get X bonus, and people that join in a month get X + .001 bonus and those that join in a year get X+.5 bonus. (whatever that ".5" and ".1" are.. who knows yet) There is no other way to help a player that is a year late in the game let alone one that is 2+ years.
Sha{DD}ow
Donator

CW Profile

Postby lynjay on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 02:17:25 +0000

Nothing valuable to contribute other than to say you're wrong.
The US hasn't been using the gold standard since 1971, and that yes, the US is infact just making money like "poof".

Just FYI.
lynjay

CW Profile

Postby Sha{DD}ow on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:43:01 +0000

First off all no we don't. If so, why not keep doing it.. thus everyone would just have billions of dollars... duh.. that is what happens in CW world...and than everything goes to shit.... But I'm not going to get into a theoretical stand off with you. cuz its light fighting a women... their always right.. if the grass is blue.. than damn it... the grass is blue..... Its at least comforting to know...out of everything i said.. that's the ONLY thing you commented on.. sad

.... and for the record.. since your on the history class here.. We don't use the "silver standard" either. BUT if you knew anything OTHER than a date, you'd know that its valuable because there is a LIMIT. --> enough said.
Last edited by Sha{DD}ow on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:52:37 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Sha{DD}ow
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:51:52 +0000

Lyn: No one in the west has printed money since Germany tried it 80 years ago and it didn't go too well. Currently Zimbabwe are doing the same.

As for CW, it is possible to create such a big money sink that the amount of money coming into the game is equal to that going out, however no one has come up with it yet. One day someone will (or the admins will allow an EC shop :P) and all this will be solved, so until then we must keep thinking of ways to take money from the game (recent weapons upgrades are good) and other imaginative ways of slowing monetary inflation, before we tackle stat inflation.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby PelicanBay on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:59:24 +0000

One idea to get money out of the game and donator days out as well would be to let the players exchange Ddays for Dpoints for a premium cost. Ddays would fly off the market and be exchanged for charges, and money would go out as well depending on the level of premium cost.
PelicanBay

CW Profile

Postby Sha{DD}ow on Thu, 22 Apr 2010 19:07:09 +0000

What would be the ultimate point of that if i may ask? To sell someone a DP that has now just sky rocketed. whoever made it will now charge that much more to the person buying. I suppose it would work though... Not sure why i'd transfer my 200 DD's in to 5 DP's just to make them DD's again. but.. i suppose would work.
Sha{DD}ow
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:19:10 +0000

Sha{DD}ow wrote: Not sure why i'd transfer my 200 DD's in to 5 DP's just to make them DD's again.

1. Holiday mode
2. You would exchange them for ECs

As mentioned before, an EC shop by any other name still smells as sweet ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Previous

Return to Suggestions