Max EC use per day

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Max EC use per day

Postby Rusty on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:08:39 +0000

I was thinking recently, even though the ability to buy ECs from Orsm for real cash stopped most superdonating, you can still buy ECs from players and jump to the top in a day, as Ozy did. Any limit on the number of ECs you are allowed to buy or the amount people can sell to you or make can be circumnavigated with clever tactics and loopholes eg buying small amounts lots of times, buying from many different people, using gang funds etc etc, so why not limit the amount used where it does the most damage?
I propose a maximum amount of ECs you can use in a day, say 100 (number pulled out of the air). This would mean that for normal use you were not limited, as I don't think anyone (even those doing 600s) uses over 100, however when trying to jump up ranks, superdonators can use thousands in one go.
This limit would mean that the maximum boost you could receive from using ECs in one day would be just over 4000 points (assuming you use facility theta and have 500 IQ). No regular players will ever need to use more than this, or be in a rush and need to gain more than 4k points in a day. If done either side of a reset, it is possible to go up 8k in a short amount of time, which will bring a new player up to rank 70 instantly. If done for 10 days, they would get up to rank 20, so this 100 EC cap is in no way too small of a cap for those lower than rank 15. However, it would mean that the top 3 or 4 would take many days to catch up to the one in front of them, but on the other hand it would mean that stat inflation (one of the big underlying problems in CW that will soon rear its head) will be tamed at a certain rate.
So, ideas, comments and rants welcome :)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Re: Max EC use per day

Postby ten on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:34:24 +0000

|TMz|Rusty wrote:However, it would mean that the top 3 or 4 would take many days to catch up to the one in front of them, but on the other hand it would mean that stat inflation (one of the big underlying problems in CW that will soon rear its head) will be tamed at a certain rate.
So, ideas, comments and rants welcome :)

Rank 1's score is +- 3x Rank 10's score

Rank 10's score is +- 3x Rank 29's score

Rank 29's score is +- 3x Rank 58's score

Don't you think it's already too late when Rank 100's score is almost 40 times lower than the Rank 1 score?
Alternatively, maybe we don't have 100 active players.

If I recall correctly pre-reset the top 10 were something like this:

1. 40 million
2. 35 million
3. 30
4. 28
5. 20
... 10th about 15

When the dust settles we might find the ratios are the same as pre-reset.
ten

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 00:27:58 +0000

So put the breaks on now! If we act quickly, these differences will only be linear (ie a difference of 50k points) rather than exponential (eg as you mention 3x) [someone correct me if I'm using the wrong maths words, it's 1:30am here :P]
Action is needed now, rather than later when one side is far too ahead of the other and we need another reset.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 04:19:49 +0000

I don't see this helping much, they will have the same amount of ecs, they will use the same amount of ecs
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:07:38 +0000

The point is that they will have to use it over a longer period of time, so that buying ridiculous amounts of ECs from the market (or an unlimited EC store ;)) wouldn't be plausible. Many people complain, and I know at least 1 that has quit, because they feel that superdonators ruin the game by simply buying a tonne of ECs from the market and using all of them in one go to get to the top. You may also remember the controversies in old CW of Spar and fusion et al. who got to the top of CW in their first few weeks of playing the game. Although much has been done now to stop that from happening again, this would be a further safeguard to make sure that people who want to be top have to do so over a period of time, rather than jump us all by surprise. If anything, it'll mean that there is more of a race when someone starts climbing up the ranks and make more competition ;)

-- Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:11:36 +0000 --

Also, as ten mentioned, #1 previously got to 40 mil game score. If a 100 EC limit was put in place (and with the now lower IQ) it would require 1 mil ECs, and thus take 10,000 days. I doubt someone will put 30 years effort to getting that high again, so game scores of old CW will be banished to the days of old CW :)

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:00:51 +0000

|TMz|Rusty wrote:you can still buy ECs from players and jump to the top in a day, as Ozy did.

I stopped reading your rumbling after this sentence ...

Get your facts, I jumped to #1 because I kept all my daily ECS plus those I could buy in the market for cheap ( way cheaper then it is now) for over 40 days ... then did the jump ... don't give them false hope you can do it in 1 day !!
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:35:11 +0000

However, that's not how it appears to us ;)
I only cite you as an example because said people complaining about superdonators did so. Even if you take many months to gather up your ECs, spending them in one go makes it look like you have done something to suddenly acquire them. And I'd have thought you would have supported this idea, Ozy, as it means no one can pull the same trick as you did ;)
And just to clear things up, having reread my post I can see it can be misinterpreted. "you can still buy ECs from players and jump to the top in a day, as Ozy did" does not mean you bought all the ECs and used them all in the same day, but that it is possible to buy ECs and then, on one particular day, use them all at the same time. Everyone knows there are never enough ECs on the market to buy enough to become #1 in a single day :P

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby {DD} Sabertooth on Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:36:42 +0000

I don't like this idea, if you decide to save up those ECs to make a jump then its yours to do that. i also save up ECs till a big amount and then train in 1 time, jut because i like that more then doing every ECs on its own, it's fun to go from rank 70 to 20 just because you saved up ECs, it shows you have patience and ppl go like, WTF where did he came from xD so i dont think this idea should be implanted
{DD} Sabertooth
Donator

CW Profile

Postby ihacku on Sun, 04 Jul 2010 07:39:53 +0000

why not remove EC's from the game and use only the available energy you have(energy/energy store). :D
ihacku

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions