Booster Packs

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Booster Packs

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:57:33 +0000

Instead of receiving a measly boost for gaining a level you should gain a booster pack.

A booster pack is a package of Stat Boosts, ECs, and Websites. But... to gain these riches, you must find the passcode. To find this passcode, you will have to hack a pc. So, the higher you Hacking, the faster you will find the passcode from Hacking the PC. Now... Hacking the PC gives CDs, lets discontinue this. It will only give hacking skill and possibly a passcode.

A booster pack's value will increase with level.

Level 1 Pack - 5 points to every stat, 2 Energy Charges, 20 Websites
Level 2 Pack - 10 points to every stat, 5 Energy Charges, 50 Websites

Level 100 Pack - 500 points to every stat, 150 Energy Charges, 2500 Websites

This will increase the amount of ECs lowering the inflation. The bigger the booster pack, the harder to find the code.

The booster pack list will be found in a new section on the Hacking Arena list. When you go to this section, you will have a list of all your unopened booster packs. You must find the code to the level 1 booster pack before finding the code for the level 2 pack. You will not have to remember the code, you will get a message that says "You have found the passcode to a booster pack." When you go back to the booster pack list, the 'Open Pack' button will be green, notifying you that you can open the pack.

EX.
Before:

Booster Pack -- Passcode -- Open

BP - Level 1 -- Not Found -- Open
BP - Level 2 -- Not Found -- Open

After:
Booster Pack -- Passcode -- Open

BP - Level 1 -- BK0L34JK -- Open
BP - Level 2 -- Not Found -- Open

Hope you guys like the idea... comments please.
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Re: Booster Packs

Postby Rusty on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 00:32:57 +0000

Although I agree that maybe the reward for intent shouldn't just be stats, I don't like the idea of the older you are the more boost you get. Young players are already disincentivised enough to not bother with intent, so don't give them another hurdle. IMO, the intent system works well and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. A slightly higher reward would be good though, but that is for another topic...
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Re: Booster Packs

Postby michaelarby on Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:59:14 +0000

i dont think having more ecs will lower inflation- since there are no stat limits people will always be looking for em anyway, and will be willing to pay top dollar.
michaelarby
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions