An Idea re: training and levels and experience

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

An Idea re: training and levels and experience

Postby Toast on Sat, 01 May 2010 17:23:54 +0000

This kinda requires a game reset to get the full benefit of what I'm proposing.

Now, instead of having an experience bar that simply increases when you level up and empties right out, I propose Orsm chane the whole thing to a total bar instead of how it is right now. When the player reaches the end of the bar, the player levels up, and the bar doubles in capacity, but the experience will remain.

ie. A player at level 1 has an experience bar capacity of 10. As soon as this player reaches 10 experience, the experience bar increases immediately to 20. Likewise, to get a player to level 100, someone would have to log a serious amount of gametime over, maybe, 2 years to even reach it. Formula when leveling up: [level 1 experience bar capacity]*2^([level]-1). This part is the part of my devious plan that will cause much hardship. You can be rest assured, though, that nobody would reach level 100 in this lifetime. The TSPL formula would stay the same.

Part 2 of this plan requires training fees on a sliding scale. Level 1s would pay a ridiculously low amount, say, 500, per 5 energy used. That's the important part: payment must be per 5 energy used, no discounts. Level 50s under this plan would be, say, 50k per 5 energy. Fee would be proportional to EC average market price, to account for inflation the admin can't see.
Toast

CW Profile

Re: An Idea re: training and levels and experience

Postby [LAW] adam on Sat, 01 May 2010 19:05:50 +0000

Your proposed idea covers issues with super-powered old players, slow-starting players, and inflation, bravo! However, making the fee proportional to the EC price could cause trouble because we're no longer "choosing" our EC price, just the label we call a price. Maybe the "EC store", someone mentioned previously would help with this issue. Doubt this will happen since we already had the previous reset months before, but I like the idea.

It should also be brought up that with the TSPL staying the same, everyone would be capped at xx level and everyone would have maxxed stats to fit the tspl. That might take something from the game...
[LAW] adam
Donator

CW Profile

Postby 5iM on Sat, 01 May 2010 22:59:14 +0000

i see where youre coming from but i dont think it quite fits this game as stated. cw is a more fast paced than your idea allows. if a game were like you suggest you might as well only auto heal on daily reset instead of hourly.
5iM
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 01 May 2010 23:57:31 +0000

I don't see what 'keeping the experience' does to this plan. You would effectivly just change the formula from where you mention the [user level -1] to [user level -2] and be able to remove the exp each time. However, this would make getting IQ up to 500 impossible, as you need to be about level 40 to do so and it would make weapons much more difficult, as you need to be at a high level to use them etc. Simply changing the TSPL formula may be easier on everyone, or using a forumula such as [ROUND_UP((1.2^USERLEVEL) * 2) + 50], where the 1.2 can be replaced by any number between 1 and 2.
The second idea keeps getting momentum, but still holds the fact that is simply just energy for energy if you were to sell ECs to make the money to use the facility, and simply changing the formula would do that with less coding hassle.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Sun, 02 May 2010 11:36:21 +0000

Not A Moose wrote:This kinda requires a game reset to get the full benefit of what I'm proposing.

Since you aren't playing anyway .. .. why even bother .. :lol:
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sun, 02 May 2010 20:56:02 +0000

|TMz| adam wrote:Your proposed idea covers issues with super-powered old players, slow-starting players, and inflation, bravo! However, making the fee proportional to the EC price could cause trouble because we're no longer "choosing" our EC price, just the label we call a price. Maybe the "EC store", someone mentioned previously would help with this issue. Doubt this will happen since we already had the previous reset months before, but I like the idea.

It should also be brought up that with the TSPL staying the same, everyone would be capped at xx level and everyone would have maxxed stats to fit the tspl. That might take something from the game...

In the old CW, EC prices inflated to ridiculous amounts depending on the news the admins decide to tell us (eg. When there was news of a game reset, EC prices went up to 5bil per as players bought all they could to get the highest rank possible). It would make players more conscious of what's happening to their money as they train so that we don't get superpowered freaks all over the place.

13977 wrote:i see where youre coming from but i dont think it quite fits this game as stated. cw is a more fast paced than your idea allows. if a game were like you suggest you might as well only auto heal on daily reset instead of hourly.

I know, but imo CW as never meant to be fast-paced. Before ECs were introduced (and you can attest to this more than me), I doubt there was such thing as "uber-inflation" or, before Strfg, there was no such thing as "uber-donating" either. Heal every hour is still possible because the training and the cost that goes into it doesn't relate to kills like using ECs and training with them does.

Rusty wrote:I don't see what 'keeping the experience' does to this plan. You would effectivly just change the formula from where you mention the [user level -1] to [user level -2] and be able to remove the exp each time. However, this would make getting IQ up to 500 impossible, as you need to be about level 40 to do so and it would make weapons much more difficult, as you need to be at a high level to use them etc. Simply changing the TSPL formula may be easier on everyone, or using a forumula such as [ROUND_UP((1.2^USERLEVEL) * 2) + 50], where the 1.2 can be replaced by any number between 1 and 2.
The second idea keeps getting momentum, but still holds the fact that is simply just energy for energy if you were to sell ECs to make the money to use the facility, and simply changing the formula would do that with less coding hassle.

Keeping the experience doesn't make it as impossible to reach the next level when it comes down to it. The formula only covers the experience bar capacity. How it fills up is entirely up to Aoen and Orsm. As for getting to 500 IQ, that's the whole point. It would slow down the game immensely, preventing uber-inflation from ever happening, ever. That was the entire consequence of this plan: inflation would never happen, and if it did it would affect everyone. Lastly, I have no idea what you babbled about in that last bit, starting with "Simply change the TSPL..." I don't care about the formula or the complex coding that would result; you can figure it out later. The principle in the idea is what's fundamental here, not how it'll be done just yet.

Ozy {DD} wrote:
Not A Moose wrote:This kinda requires a game reset to get the full benefit of what I'm proposing.

Since you aren't playing anyway .. .. why even bother .. :lol:

Because although I don't play, I still care about this game very much, even if there are some loathsome people out there.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 03 May 2010 00:13:48 +0000

I assumed from your last line that your overall aim was to make TSPL more effective. If it is just to stop levelling then 13977 has a fair point:
13977 wrote:i see where youre coming from but i dont think it quite fits this game as stated. cw is a more fast paced than your idea allows. if a game were like you suggest you might as well only auto heal on daily reset instead of hourly.

It would effectively make the game longer, which may not be a good thing seeing as a game that new players see lasts longer than 10 mins already puts off 90%.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Fri, 07 May 2010 14:34:50 +0000

Rusty wrote:I assumed from your last line that your overall aim was to make TSPL more effective. If it is just to stop levelling then 13977 has a fair point:

It would effectively make the game longer, which may not be a good thing seeing as a game that new players see lasts longer than 10 mins already puts off 90%.

With this implementation, players would earn the first two or three levels fast enough to keep them in the game. Why not put in "level prizes" then, to encourage them to stay? You know, after the first level you can get 5 bonus stat boosts or 5 ECs or 500k, and at level 15 you can have something like 200 ECs.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Fri, 07 May 2010 22:35:38 +0000

couldnt the 200ec's have potential to upset game economy, like by getting friends to sign up and play till level 15 then get them to sell you the ec's...ect
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 09 May 2010 00:39:16 +0000

And you can't just use them as EC factories in the current system now? ;)
I'll come back with a bigger response to the whole thread later, but its coming up to 2am now and I was up yesterday from 6am to 10am the next day, so I need sleep :P

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sun, 09 May 2010 21:56:36 +0000

!DOA!Insane Dwarf wrote:couldnt the 200ec's have potential to upset game economy, like by getting friends to sign up and play till level 15 then get them to sell you the ec's...ect

It would take a considerable amount of time to get to level 15 anyhow. If everybody's relatively on the same page (ie. everyone starts at level 1, even at staggered points), the economy wouldn't be completely upset.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Wed, 12 May 2010 11:07:40 +0000

Ah, i misread the full reset part. My appologies.
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions