Merge Businesses into Gangs

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Merge Businesses into Gangs

Postby The.System.is.HUNG on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:34:01 +0000

The point here is that the business owner is getting a boost from you. Why are you helping to develop the stats of someone who is already TOP 10? This just widens the gap.
Merging the Businesses into the Gangs helps to consolidate that Intent Skill Tax (IST) into something that should be growing, instead of the stats of a single player. The Business Owner Controls can be managed by the Gang CO's and the IST converted to something viable like stat bonuses for the members.

Not being part of a gang shouldn't stop you from joining a business and doing jobs, you could just be considered an Independant Contractor. Though, being in a gang forces you to work for them but with the benefit of the bonuses (a touch of reality).

What do you think?
The.System.is.HUNG
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Merge Businesses into Gangs

Postby BioHaZard on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:39:41 +0000

this is an nice idea.
BioHaZard
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Zeronoux on Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:30:10 +0000

Yeah I really like this too +1
Zeronoux
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Blue Phoenix on Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:59:18 +0000

I agree with that idea! I'd vote for it! :D
Blue Phoenix

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:41:21 +0000

+1

I like this idea, but I think it needs a touch of clarification
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:17:51 +0000

+1

I also agree could do with more clarification. This would encourage large gangs if i'm not mistaken ?
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby The.System.is.HUNG on Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:58:04 +0000

Ok. Let's do something to incourage new gang startups. Change the requirements for creating gangs a bit. Include the price of creating a business into the initial requirements of the gang. Also, and this is a big one, let the gang keep the WEBS , ECs and CDs required for it's creation. These items are usually destroyed when someone starts a gang but would allow new gangs to Be more competetive. Having these items immediately added to the gang inventory will help get the gang off the ground and can be used for attracting new members

We don't have to be satisfied with only having a few large gangs.

If anyone has something to add in order to expand this idea, please add it!
The.System.is.HUNG
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:43:10 +0000

What about people who have their own businesses? Would we lose the investment made into the business if this happened? There are far more businesses than gangs. I actually think that creating the gang and business together would be a good idea (Say half the resources get destroyed to make the business) but still.. that would crap on whoever owns their own business. Including me. I LIKE not paying tax to anyone, it's why I -have- one.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Jayrod|1| on Tue, 29 Jun 2010 00:49:38 +0000

Agreed, I made my own business so I didn't pay taxes to anyone. However, I can not promote my business as there is not view businesses links like you can for gangs. I have no idea how many are out there unless I quit mine and only then can I see who else has a business.
Jayrod|1|
Donator

CW Profile

Postby The.System.is.HUNG on Tue, 29 Jun 2010 07:55:55 +0000

You both are right. This idea does take away from the seasoned player, but only a minute percentage. You aren't doing anythig more than using your own gang to hold back from giving someone else more boost. They, the bigger players, don't need our help to stay on top anyhow. But, our gangs do need our help. The percentage of intent skill lost is so small to us but to a large business owner the gain is measureable. Can't we be happy donating that small IST (Intent Skill Tax) to benefit our gangs?
Maybe the businesses idea wasn't well thought out. Maybe the game and it's more resourceful players could benefit more from building their gang (this is a common goal) than lining he pockets of the top 10 and widening the gap.

-- Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:27:41 +0000 --

Snags and Prejudice wrote:What about people who have their own businesses? Would we lose the investment made into the business if this happened? There are far more businesses than gangs. I actually think that creating the gang and business together would be a good idea (Say half the resources get destroyed to make the business) but still.. that would crap on whoever owns their own business. Including me. I LIKE not paying tax to anyone, it's why I -have- one.

How about something different.

Give the gang owners the option of linking their business into the gang. Then with the Gang Business, any player that is part of both automaticly gets the bonus stat boosts delivered to them. How would you like to login to find that overnight you got 10 stat boosts, just for being in your gang business? Now no one has to loose their gangs or be forced to work for anyone they dont want to.
The.System.is.HUNG
Donator

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions