Random Idea

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Random Idea

Postby theoneandonlyCire on Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:11:07 +0000

I know it was said that there likely isn't going to be anymore, but I just wanted to throw this idea out there while I had it. Someone mentioned how hacking the bank was pointless, and I agree. So, here's my idea: Players can open up a special bank account (not sure what to call it to fit what I'm describing) where their money will gain slight interest (maybe as much as pre-reset or more?) BUT, you have to pay credits and/or websites to upgrade its defenses. Just like you can with a gang. Then there will also be another page nearby where players will upgrade their 'bank hacking knowledge/skills/software/whatever', which will basically be the same thing as upgrading the defenses, except these stats will be used to attack other people's bank accounts. If they win the battle, they win some of the money (I'll leave the math/economy-skilled people to decide how much, but a maximum of however many credits the attacker has in their special bank, so you can't leave 0 credits in your bank while hacking others like mad; on that note, you can only withdraw 3 hours after attacking someone), and the person with money stolen won't know unless they buy a scan (for webs, probably) showing suspicious withdrawals, which would show the amount and time it was stolen, along with SOME of the people (maybe buy more expensive scans to get more people shown) who were online at the time, so it can be easier to figure out. If the person fails the attack, the defender gets the attacker's ID/name/time of attempt in their stats log immediately, along with a smaller amount of their credits.

There could be a rankings list to show the people with the most successful bank hacks, but not how many they have (people could use this to try to tell who hacked their bank/base/whatever it turns out to be, since it doesn't necessarily have to be a bank). This would give ALL players, regardless of rank, or level, or gang, or age, a new chance to get into this game and make a name for themselves. Obviously there are rich players who will easily upgrade their bank's stats a lot, but then they just spend all their cash and won't be making much interest, right? Plus it would take a lot of cash out of the game, like I know some people think needs to be done.

I didn't really put any costs (to upgrade the defending and attacking stats/buy scans/to attack someone/interest gains) because I don't really know good ones that will be tempting enough that a lot of people will put the money into the special bank, but expensive and risky enough that not every player who uses it turns into a billionaire. Hmmm yeah I think that's all I want to put out there, (I know I often write a lot, save the "too long" comments) and thanks for reading this far.

Let me know what y'all think.
Cire, The Long Arm of the Law
theoneandonlyCire

CW Profile

Return to Suggestions