An idea imperative to the game's survival

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

An idea imperative to the game's survival

Postby [EPCI]Gatekeeper on Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:12:14 +0000

I have been sitting in chat recently and I have seen a lot of the same remarks about how they are always dead and it is always the same 2-3 ppl killing them and keeping them dead. This is not fun for those players and I can definitely see why. I am kept dead every hour of the day, but I am also one of the ones killing as well. But I have an idea of how this can be made possible while ensuring those that need to lvl to train can still get that done. There should be a rule in the game in place where if a player kills another player, that player can not attack that same person again until the next hourly reset. This would make it easier for someone to be willing to repair and do some kills themselves, or maybe just play the parts of the game that need you to be alive for. I believe that if this were implemented it may reverse this trend we have seen lately of having players just stop logging in as often or at all.
[EPCI]Gatekeeper

CW Profile

Re: An idea imperative to the game's survival

Postby [7s] Twidget on Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:17:56 +0000

A very good idea!
[7s] Twidget
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:26:46 +0000

good Idea .. but I would put it for 10 minutes => max 6 times in 1 hour ... per 1 killer !
Except maybe when the two players are in gang wars !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Tue, 31 Aug 2010 19:43:36 +0000

Good Idea, and when the 3 of the mail people who kill everyone agrees, I dont see how it will disappoint anyone. I also think we should remove this rule though when the two players are in a war, just like we do with the age 25 rule.
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:33:37 +0000

This idea proves that it has became a fucking huggle game... Isn't this a war game?

This will surely kill my interest in the game.
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:51:10 +0000

im liking ozy's twist on this with it being 10 minutes.
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby theoneandonlyCire on Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:03:16 +0000

Like said, this is a war game; very pointless to not be able to keep your opponents down. BUT. If it's for war, then you shouldn't care if you aren't getting as much exp, right? Idea: For every time you kill the same person within the hour, you get 10% less exp (from normal), until you eventually get 0 for killing them. This gives a person 10 kills against someone for training per hour, and as many kills as they want against people they have hitlisted, or are in a war with, or whatever. It's like that in a lot of games (especially MUDs), where if you beat the same opponent repeatedly, you aren't really learning as much, so you start to get less and less experience, until you aren't getting any at all. Thoughts?
Cire
theoneandonlyCire

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:11:08 +0000

the point is good .. but it still get you killed all the time .. ~goes and put them all in his hitlist~
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby theoneandonlyCire on Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:08:09 +0000

Then make it reduce by 20% each kill, or however often you think it's needed. If someone's getting shoved down endlessly by someone who's spending their time and energy and resources to keep you down with no reward, you must have done SOMETHING to deserve it, so suck it up; that's war.
theoneandonlyCire

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:20:33 +0000

I'm adding something here:
Yes, it IS a war game. Being killed is part of that. But I still thinks kills of any one person should be limited to once an hour(unless in a gang war) , with 2-3 auto heals an hour. I originally said 2 an hour with 3 heals, but.. well but Ozy. This is a war game, but Ozy is the only one getting to war.
I've also suggested raising the TSPL. Either make it scale with level, or if that's too complicated for you, just plain old raising it to 10 x 60 theta trains. (if you need that rounding up, for most of us that's near 2400-2500.)

The BIGGEST flaw with this game right now is the fact that people can't do anything. They can do their hacks, but there are no new players coming in - a relatively small % of the active players haven't maxed IQ by now. But they can't level. They HAVE to level to get tspl, to play the game. However, Ozy is killing EVERYONE. If it's not Ozy, it's one of the top ten who has been muscled out for the other 18-20 hours of the day desperately trying to get kills while he's sleeping.

And you know what, **** anyone who says to this post "but it's a war game". It IS a war game. The point remains that the fun of games is ruined when you're unable to do anything. Especially war games.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [7s] Twidget on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 03:27:17 +0000

^^^^^ I agree with that statement.
[7s] Twidget
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 05:51:37 +0000

I agree with that statement too ... "it is a war game" .. for me unfortunately, it's only a levelling war between Twidget and I ... since Gate gave up a little ;)

And the only way to Level is by killing, it doesn't give much option .. .. .. having more then 1 auto heal per hour will make you die more then once every hour, and more whiny people, who would just prefer to stay dead instead of giving more Exp to other top players.

If you need to be alive for something, the heal button works fine!

If the multiple Auto-Heal exist, then levelling will be easier for all top killers, making a bigger gap between us and the lower ones ...
Even if you limit to 1or 2 kills on the same person per hour (stupid if you ask me) the war to be top 10 will be even more furious than now ...

The game needs new Ideas, YES, but none restrictive ideas (capping the number of kills per hour: sucks)
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1] Digital Void on Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:54:22 +0000

This game is dead, TSPL have driven Ozy and Twid into keeping people shut down as they have no clear conscience other than its only those two in the world. The game provides them with no other options to level as NPCs were disabled, and we know that there will be nothing done to change this.

Restrictions are imposed everywhere from bank, servers TSPL, why would hacking someone once per hour really change anything? It wouldnt except maybe give some life back into the game as people can hang around and actually not be dead for some part of the time. But I doubt that too.

But as always by the time something happens, its too late. The only forward thinking was done prior to the game reset, and that was by players that most of have now since left.

So cap the hacking amount, dont cap it, it really doesnt matter. Someone without conscience or decency towards others will always exploit the loopholes to the cost of the the vast majority.

Without an sliding scale to restrict the top and make it easier for the bottom (like most successful games) we will just continue to skirt the issue. And CW has skirted the issue since inception...so really what would you expect to change???
Move along numpty!
[1] Digital Void
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 04:53:51 +0000

We need more admins. Dare I also say we need a board/commitee of PLAYERS that take in ideas from the general population of cw and then they vote on it. 13 players. then they forward those ideas to the admins to be implemented. Any one of current staff, mod, chat mod, or past should not be allowed on the board and neither the top 5. That would be to allow unbiased so that all ideas that are considered are for the general population. This is done so that the admins know what ideas the general population would like more and which ones should be done.And of course final details would be worked out if this would even be considered.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby [1] Digital Void on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 05:09:56 +0000

Well Dynasty used to do something along those lines (without the committee), and look where that went. Steamrolled in face of doing sweet FA

La dee da, la dee dum...ignorance is bliss
Move along numpty!
[1] Digital Void
Donator

CW Profile

Next

Return to Suggestions