Update Committee

Have a good idea? Post it here and you may see it implemented.

Update Committee

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 07:07:35 +0000

We need more admins. Dare I also say we need a board/commitee of PLAYERS that take in ideas from the general population of cw and then they vote on it. 13 players. then they forward those ideas to the admins to be implemented. Any one of current staff, mod, chat mod, or past should not be allowed on the board and neither the top 5. That would be to allow unbiased so that all ideas that are considered are for the general population. This is done so that the admins know what ideas the general population would like more and which ones should be done.And of course final details would be worked out if this would even be considered.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Re: Update Committee

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:12:27 +0000

i like, but it would also have to be elective. 13 players ? Id say that was too many, more between 5/7. But other than that its a huge expansion on the top suggestion idea, which would save Andi the time of trolling through the forums to find out whats in demand.
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:31:09 +0000

Insanely HUNG Dwarf wrote:i like, but it would also have to be elective. 13 players ? Id say that was too many, more between 5/7. But other than that its a huge expansion on the top suggestion idea, which would save Andi the time of trolling through the forums to find out whats in demand.

That is true. With the committee updates can be rolled to andi for him to roll out. It would involve a diverse set of players. and on the elective part there would be strict constraints. You want people that have the overall want for the entire community.

This would save so much time on the part of Andi he would be able to focus on other things as well.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:52:29 +0000

You talked/asked Andi about this? Maybe he got the control that he feel is needed..

And I don't think there is needed an "update committee" for this, could be done as simple as bringing back the "top suggestion" but with a twist; Players can vote for and against the suggestion. This way it would be harder to make it a "top suggestion". Then if it gets trough the "vote" as a top suggestion it could be moved/copied into a section where Andi could pop by when he feels for it.
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:24:54 +0000

Dick Violence wrote:You talked/asked Andi about this? Maybe he got the control that he feel is needed..

And I don't think there is needed an "update committee" for this, could be done as simple as bringing back the "top suggestion" but with a twist; Players can vote for and against the suggestion. This way it would be harder to make it a "top suggestion". Then if it gets trough the "vote" as a top suggestion it could be moved/copied into a section where Andi could pop by when he feels for it.

THe idea is that the mass population actually doesn't know what is best for itself as any politician would say. And Why should i ask andi about this. That is why it is in the suggestions forum. He pops in and sees it if he likes it he will go ahead with it if not then he will most likely say so. And the Committee isn't for just updates but picks from the community most liked updates and then they decide which are more pressing and then order them then submit them.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:26:57 +0000

The roblem in this case is that the "politician" doesn't know what's good for the "country", either.

Let's face it - we haven't had an admin who DID really know what they were doing since Lyn. But that's OK, Andi hasn't actually been "owner" all that long. However, Andi, like all owners does face another problem in that he doesn't actually play the game. Thus, he can't always see issues with play that actual players can. He can't always turn to us and say "X, Y or Z isn't needed" and be 100% sure that it's right because he hasn't seen it from the other side. He doesn't even spend that much time in chat ...

Hell, an elected update commitee.. sounds a lot like MPs to me. Elected officials there to steer the Prime Minister in the "right" direction for the communities they represent. There's a reason we have those in real life. I think it's a good idea.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 02:24:30 +0000

Let The Right Snags In wrote:The roblem in this case is that the "politician" doesn't know what's good for the "country", either.

Let's face it - we haven't had an admin who DID really know what they were doing since Lyn. But that's OK, Andi hasn't actually been "owner" all that long. However, Andi, like all owners does face another problem in that he doesn't actually play the game. Thus, he can't always see issues with play that actual players can. He can't always turn to us and say "X, Y or Z isn't needed" and be 100% sure that it's right because he hasn't seen it from the other side. He doesn't even spend that much time in chat ...

Hell, an elected update commitee.. sounds a lot like MPs to me. Elected officials there to steer the Prime Minister in the "right" direction for the communities they represent. There's a reason we have those in real life. I think it's a good idea.

Thanks for the support. And i do agree with the politician thing also. I have been working on details for elections and criteria for being elected.
It seems with the amount of players that a committee of 7 would work well.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:03:09 +0000

Would it be voted in, or members chosen by Andi ? Members chosen individually by Andi would be far better than we choosing, as then there is the problem of it turning into a popularity contest, kind of like the staff one did. But they have done a good job so far i must admit.
Like maybe method via application. People who are interested send in an application.

But a different colour ? I don't think its needed as after all they will be working for the game and as representatives of players, their colour shouldn't be unique to the position.
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:46:36 +0000

Insanely HUNG Dwarf wrote:Would it be voted in, or members chosen by Andi ? Members chosen individually by Andi would be far better than we choosing, as then there is the problem of it turning into a popularity contest, kind of like the staff one did. But they have done a good job so far i must admit.
Like maybe method via application. People who are interested send in an application.

But a different colour ? I don't think its needed as after all they will be working for the game and as representatives of players, their colour shouldn't be unique to the position.

Election would be by rank and what i mean by that there are requirements certain number of players from rank top 100. 2 from 100-200 and 1 from top 10 ( top five excluded).. This would allow a range of players. And would limit most popular vote. And votes should be doen by election of players with in the rank ranges.

rank 100-200----votes in 2 people of rank 2

rank 75-99 ---1 member

rank 50-74---2 member

rank 11-49---1 member

rank 5-10----- 1 member

>.> you could put me as leader :D lol like that will ever happen..

But any other questions
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:59:05 +0000

This still stinks in my opinion..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:06:42 +0000

Let Andi pick some players, that he think they could be giving good ideas and help the game, then make a vote by adding the gang owners to it !

And also those that have the most Intent, since they are the most active here !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:22:18 +0000

Gang owners would be a good thing if the number of gangs was fixed, but its not.
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:41:34 +0000

Code: Select all
cmsjr123-Puppet Master  - 21:31:39
DV my point is to have the commitee take asll suggestions from the suggestions forum or chat and vote on them to rank them from most needed and etc and then forward that list to adni fro him to choose whatever he wants.

Junior, if that's what you want .. it's useless
Andi will in any case read the Forum to make his own opinion (that's what Admin is about)
and what you propose is a Forum Mod job ..

Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:57:23 +0000

meh my idea was to have them be the ones to choose on what is needed from the PLAYERS point of view from amasses. not just one or two forum mods. -.-'
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby [1] Digital Void on Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:24:26 +0000

Forums mods...what a joke.

The best thing Rusty ever did for the game...was leave.
Move along numpty!
[1] Digital Void
Donator

CW Profile

Next

Return to Suggestions