Market fees

Here is where admin and staff can post updates to appear on the front page. You can still comment.

Market fees

Postby Orsm on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:51:07 +0000

New market fees have been added to the market.

In short you will be punished for listing abouve the market average.

Enjoy

Orsm :)
Orsm
Admin

CW Profile

Re: Market fees

Postby Blanz on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:58:28 +0000

And in a month, no one will use the market anymore. yet another restricting update.

how about, to reduce the cost, you increase the supply? regulating the supply is the politician's way out.
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby [1] Digital Void on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:59:20 +0000

Besides blanz, vashied and maybe a couple of others, I think most people will like this attempt to stabilise the market.
Move along numpty!
[1] Digital Void
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 23:00:58 +0000

Best update ever.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 23:19:26 +0000

OKay bamn i list a ec for 75k. Ec's makers see this and go oh hey i wanna more dough so ima post at 75k Bamn instant market average change. ..

Or how about bamn i add a listing that is the CURRENT average. and Admin loggs on and says hey that average is to high adn we get punished..

In short HUGE FUCKUP
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 23:36:23 +0000

cmsjr123-Puppet Master wrote:OKay bamn i list a ec for 75k. Ec's makers see this and go oh hey i wanna more dough so ima post at 75k Bamn instant market average change. ..

So you both get taxed and the average goes up? If your EC sells, you make a profit and the demand for ECs is justified. If not, you get taxed and loose money.

cmsjr123-Puppet Master wrote:Or how about bamn i add a listing that is the CURRENT average. and Admin loggs on and says hey that average is to high adn we get punished..

I'm assuming you won't get retrospectively charged. And when under normal circumstances have the admins ever thought that the EC price was too high and punished everyone? Generally if you act stupidly to raise the prices they talk to you, but now if you do that you'll just get charged a heap of tax.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby |OSX|Purple Nerple|DbD| on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 01:55:19 +0000

If you look at the market, the ec prices have already gone from 40k to average price 80k since this update was put in...

It might stop some people from putting EC's, or webs or whatever in at a high price at first, but once a couple of people with a lot of extra cash just say screw it and pay the extra tax, the average price will constantly raise. Because as shown, it only takes a few people to raise prices, seemingly at will
Last edited by |OSX|Purple Nerple|DbD| on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 02:51:17 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
|OSX|Purple Nerple|DbD|
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 01:59:33 +0000

See. I am justified. This is exactly what would happen, BEcuase some of us can just pay the tax and make up for the tax like taking in a breath,

It wont stop the people that can. and this allows the ones you can pay the tax the ability to rais the average,
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Shinami on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:16:18 +0000

Best. Update. Ever.

Right now, Vashied has an EC for 100k on the market. Here's what I see when I look at the penalty for selling above the current market average when posting this.

Quantity: 1
Cost: 100,000 CDs
Average price: 75710.25
Fee: 1000 + 16041 (Penalty +16.04%)

The total profit for someone to list a 100k EC would be just under 83k(82,959 specifically). That's barely a higher profit than Tic's Ecs listed at the market average of 75k.
Shinami
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 11:40:25 +0000

As we get punished by selling above average market price, do we get rewarded when selling below average? :roll:
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:40:46 +0000

Fear Itself wrote:If you look at the market, the ec prices have already gone from 40k to average price 80k since this update was put in...

It might stop some people from putting EC's, or webs or whatever in at a high price at first, but once a couple of people with a lot of extra cash just say screw it and pay the extra tax, the average price will constantly raise. Because as shown, it only takes a few people to raise prices, seemingly at will

1. ECs are ridiculously undervalued at the moment. The rate of inflation in CW is about 50% a day so they are simply stabilising. You can't use what is happening now as a base mark for what will happen in the future, as current circumstances are exceptional. Try again in about a month if the price is still doubling every day.
2. Currently the price is based on a 2 day average. When CW is older than a few weeks, it will become 1 week average and the price will be fluctuating less.
3. Paying the extra tax does not guarantee that your EC will sell. You may just loose more money than you put the ECs for sale for.

-- Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:41:31 +0000 --

NPC 107 wrote:As we get punished by selling above average market price, do we get rewarded when selling below average? :roll:

lol, would be nice but I'm ok without deflation here :P

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 22:14:00 +0000

you guys have to realize there is no stop to inflation. The prices will raise this update just slows the tempo
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:21:20 +0000

Smuggs wrote:you guys have to realize there is no stop to inflation. The prices will raise this update just slows the tempo

tbh, good enough. When inflation is slow like it was when I joined no one complained about it. Only in the last few years was it moaned about, so slowing it down (and punishing those who are causing it) will be fine.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 05:43:19 +0000

i agree fully rusty
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Postby |BAD|Matty on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:22:41 +0000

Rusty wrote:
Smuggs wrote:you guys have to realize there is no stop to inflation. The prices will raise this update just slows the tempo

tbh, good enough. When inflation is slow like it was when I joined no one complained about it. Only in the last few years was it moaned about, so slowing it down (and punishing those who are causing it) will be fine.

Rusty, you're not taking into consideration the fact that a few years ago there was no vashied and such-like people with the only aim at mind to screw the game and its economy one-handedly. In my 2.5 years in the old CW i've seen the prices rise from 500k per ec to 8 mill (just before the reset, which basically happened thanks to vashied). There were many attempts on stabilizing the prices and imho only one succeeded - opening unlimited energy restore. This was the most fair system (you paid different price depending on your level, right?). This update is good, up to a point. It certainly will slow the inflation down, but not prevent it. Also... imo people who just try to screw up the economy of the game should be:
a) banned from selling on the market
b) jailed
c) banned from the game on permanent basis.

I know earning money is important and stuff, but you can do it in a normal way not fucking up the whole game in a week.

Also...
Blanz wrote:And in a month, no one will use the market anymore. yet another restricting update.

how about, to reduce the cost, you increase the supply? regulating the supply is the politician's way out.

I dont agree wit the first part, i do agree with the second. Open the unlimited energy restore again. This time however, make it rank-based - the higher your rank, the more you pay for 5 energy. This will not only slow down inflation (stagnate it?) but also take a steady stream of money out of the game and equalize the chances between n00bs and old-timers (to a point of course).

Thanks for your attention :twisted:
|BAD|Matty
Donator

CW Profile

Next

Return to News and Updates