Market fees

Here is where admin and staff can post updates to appear on the front page. You can still comment.

Re: Market fees

Postby Blanz on Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:50:20 +0000

Rusty wrote:They can sell for 1.5 times the current ave. And they seem to as the ave price often rises by 1.5 each time ;)
It could also be because demand is very high atm and any ECs put up are bought instantly. The DD market seems full even though it is stupidly low (below that of an EC!). There are also 20k CDs to every EC, so selling them at 70k is a profit in my eyes :P

they could sell for 1.5 times the average, but get taxed a ridiculous amount. if after 1.5 times, the tax STARTED, then i would understand.

Demand for ecs is high, and will always be high until we introduce ways to increase the number of ECs in the game. (similar to how there are currently a lot of DDs in the game) the fact the ECs are bought up instantly is a BAD thing. that means there there is both NOT ENOUGH and that the price is TOO LOW. (basic economics right there) And the demand is only going to get greater, so either people will stop selling on the market once they cant make a fair profit, or prices will rise significantly.
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:03:04 +0000

I completely agree, but as I said earlier I've already been arguing this for the past 2 years, so please do try and convince the admins, but I'm tired of it and am settling with what we have ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby |BAD|Matty on Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:10:41 +0000

Ozy wrote:The idea is great, the only change I would do, is give a tolerance of let say 10% above average as still Ok.

If you look now, dds have a lower value then ECS (and you can get 3 for free daily by VoteForUs.php) ** so where can we get our 3 free dds daily :lol: **

and since this update, we do see less ECS or Webs in the market !

Other option would be to put a market with 1 fix price per item => ex: Web = 500 cd ; EC = 65,000 cd & dd= 120,000 cd no inflation at all ... newbie like old players would always have the same advantages ...

This is the most stupid idea ever lol If you want to leave the 10% tax-free get rid of the tax altogether. I mean....with enough ecs or whatever, i can raise the avarage price in a few clicks, raising the price by 10% each time....
|BAD|Matty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:42:37 +0000

Price is only updated every 6 hours.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 06:29:48 +0000

Could you put the REAL price you are going to pay on the market ?

Because now, you have :

Quantity: 1
Unit Cost: 89,900
Total Cost: 89,900 <= ISN'T THE REAL TOTAL PRICE you are always taxed for buying ...
Seller: Blanz

=> You bought 1 energy charges from Blanz(10165) for 90,799 cyber-dollars.

You should have:
Quantity: 1
Unit Cost: 89,900
Your Tax Cost: 899
Total Cost: 90,799
Seller: Blanz

No one likes to be tricked at the cash register !

:ugeek: zy

PS: Matty, if 10% is too much then 2 or 5% then .. and have the Average change Weekly !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby BioHaZard on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:31:49 +0000

Maybe you guys should change the name to Cyber Monopoly, instead of cyber wars.

I think their should be put more effort into the "war" then the economy. Cap the prizes, cap the amounts of sellebale items and concentrate on waring instead of economics, or change the name of the game.
BioHaZard
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:03:29 +0000

BioHaZarD... retired wrote:Maybe you guys should change the name to Cyber Monopoly, instead of cyber wars.

I think their should be put more effort into the "war" then the economy. Cap the prizes, cap the amounts of sellebale items and concentrate on waring instead of economics, or change the name of the game.

:lol: & Agree..!
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:30:42 +0000

BioHaZarD... retired wrote:Maybe you guys should change the name to Cyber Monopoly, instead of cyber wars.

IMO its more cyber-society than cyber-wars, but war sounds more fun in a game name :P
Also, can someone confirm buyer's tax because I've never seen it before...

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:58:09 +0000

The average system can be controlled if. Person has enough ec and admins the lower the procebof Dds just means the more people are gonna use cd rather hen pay for them. Right now it is was cheaper to by them with cd and in large quanities
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:31:48 +0000

Just to add my few cents in, i knew a young man that used to play and this would have worked well for him

Do we all remember Ingenious??

Well we will get more like him who will find a way to push certain prices up while lowering other prices. Maybe it will take a while but i can really see this happening
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:20:09 +0000

It was a billion times easier to do it in old CW, so I wouldn't complain on that front about NCW's system ;)

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:43:55 +0000

Can anyone explain to me how there are prices that DROP every single day? For example the price of DD's has dropped betweem 500-100 every day yet no-one sells below the average they normally sell on the average or higher. Thus the price should be increasing slightly not decreasing
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Andi on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:07:10 +0000

Because there are players who sell under the average. It's just that their items don't stay listed for long.
Andi
Admin

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:25:18 +0000

Aoen wrote:Because there are players who sell under the average. It's just that their items don't stay listed for long.

and you dont see this as a problem? most markets dont consist of people buying up products as soon as they are listed. to me, that says that they are selling for too low.
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Andi on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:10:40 +0000

|7s|Blanz wrote:
Aoen wrote:Because there are players who sell under the average. It's just that their items don't stay listed for long.

and you dont see this as a problem? most markets dont consist of people buying up products as soon as they are listed. to me, that says that they are selling for too low.

In most markets it costs you to create something so most people sell it at that price + small profit. With ECs things are totally different. So please keep your arguments based on something true, I'm tired to argue with every stupid words thrown into these topics.

PS: don't take it personally with the last sentence. it's meant for most topics from around here where everyone is an expert.
Andi
Admin

CW Profile

PreviousNext

Return to News and Updates