Religion

Not for the light of heart, this forum is for the serious discussion of World Religion, Politics & Philosophy.
No Personal attacks on members will be tolerated.

Re: Religion

Postby Myckaal on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:00:39 +0000

There's always the room for, and sometimes need for, debate among the faithful. Without constantly trying to invite others to their mental illness, they start to see through the facade of religion and faith.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:52:45 +0000

[OSX] Myckaal wrote: Without constantly trying to invite others to their mental illness, they start to see through the facade of religion and faith.

What about those monks that don't talk? They always seem pretty faithful :P
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:27:07 +0000

If I'm honest, I don't really know either way.

However, I don't see how anyone can look at something living and not appreciate it for the miracle it is. Sure, humans are shitbags but bloody hell.. We're fucking complicated. Blood and sinew and muscle and brain and what the **** happens inside our brains to give us, "us"?

How can someone not look at a tree and think, "Whoa. That thing is growing and pumping water and turning energy from the sun into food RIGHT NOW, what the **** is up with that?!"

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. I don't see how we could have happened by accident. But I can't see how there could be a god, either. I mean, where would it have come from? Maybe it's just energy. No one can say for sure.
Last edited by [OSX] Snags Almighty on Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:02:25 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:33:16 +0000

Killashandra ::OSX:: wrote:I don't see how we can have happened by accident

If you do the maths, it becomes very obvious ;)
The short story is that the universe is so big, this occurrence could quite easily be random.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Corey[OSX]Burton on Thu, 28 Jan 2010 03:22:50 +0000

The fact that you can pose a question doesn't mean to say that it has an answer, at least, not the sort of answer that the question implies. So saying that religion has the job of asking the underlying "Why?", as you suggest, seems to me to mean as much as asking "What colour is opera?" or "Where is indecision?" or "When is osteopathy?" or "How is blue?". By the time you've done enough clarification of the question to render it meaningful you're effectively got yourself another question. Like "How come things are as they are?"

- Douglas Adams

----------------------

I am a Nihilist, if anyone was interested.
I'm basically Myckaal 2.0. We've got the same basic features, only I'm faster and more handsome.
Corey[OSX]Burton
Staff

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:05:58 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:

The short story is that the universe is so big, this occurrence could quite easily be random.

But.. HOW? How the hell did life come to be? And the universe for that matter. Something happened, then there was suddenly.. something. Something that meant that things could BE. Beyond plain old matter, something happened which created LIFE. And then from that creatures were made. Then we evolved from said creatures. It's bloody weird.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:32:13 +0000

Killashandra ::OSX:: wrote:
|OSX|Rusty wrote:

But.. HOW? How the hell did life come to be? And the universe for that matter. Something happened, then there was suddenly.. something. Something that meant that things could BE. Beyond plain old matter, something happened which created LIFE. And then from that creatures were made. Then we evolved from said creatures. It's bloody weird.

Google this thing called 'the big bang' ;)
But yea, the reaction creates a self replicating molecule, which in turn becomes more complex and make more self replicating molecules, and that makes life.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:08:17 +0000

You are all under the wrong misconception

http://tinyurl.com/qcw4l

That proves there is only 1 god and god is real, read it for urself
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby EVO|BLACK574|2 on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:51:05 +0000

Big Bang Theory and String Theory. Theories. It's there, you just can't see it.
God. Faith. He's there, you just can't see him.
EVO|BLACK574|2

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:59:02 +0000

This is just spam.
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:18:36 +0000

[TMz]Busta wrote:Big Bang Theory and String Theory. Theories. It's there, you just can't see it.
God. Faith. He's there, you just can't see him.

Can't see air either.
You're using the same logic that power's my laptop's anti-tiger device. I don't know if it works, but I don't see any tigers around.
Also, we can 'see' pieces of evidence of the Big Bang, and it works with our current theory's of physics, so it is very likely to be true (haven't looked up much on string theory so I can't comment).

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:04:23 +0000

[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:This is just spam.

Yes, but some of it makes me lul, that's why I enjoy it.
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Thu, 11 Mar 2010 03:51:23 +0000

cause of most wars....
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby [1] RiDdLe on Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:32:57 +0000

NO WARS, GIVE A CHRISTIAN SIDE HUGG!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnmTiqEikg
[1] RiDdLe
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Blue Phoenix on Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:17:17 +0000

I haven't seen God, but I see people who have faith in him. They seem so at peace. Makes me want to be religious, too, but there's something that's holding me back. >.< The lack of faith, probably.
Blue Phoenix

CW Profile

PreviousNext

Return to Politics / Religion / Philosophy