December 21, 2012

Not for the light of heart, this forum is for the serious discussion of World Religion, Politics & Philosophy.
No Personal attacks on members will be tolerated.

December 21, 2012

Postby [OSX]LadyMcFee on Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:18:05 +0000

Okay the time is getting closer and closer to this date. It's when the earth is supposed to transform itself into something new. Many people will not live through, but some will, and they will have to be the new Adams and Eves, and repopulate the earth. I think it has already started though because it can't all take place in one day. Tsuamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, Global warming, many things have already started the transformation.

The earthquaKe in Chile actually changed the axis of the earth a bit and made the days a tiny bit shorter. Landslides have changed the costal lines of the Indian Ocean. It's coming whether you believe it or not. I would like to see what you people think. Do you think it's just another scare tactic? Another boy who cried wolf thing, or do you feel there is something to it?

There's many civilizations and prominent people in history that have predicted it. The Mayans, the Egyptians, Nostradamus, The Bible. Let's discuss this.
[OSX]LadyMcFee
Donator

CW Profile

Re: December 21, 2012

Postby Myckaal on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 01:12:03 +0000

News articles you can look up and verify for yourself.....

---- A Tampa, Florida airport had to close one of it's runways due to it being "geographically misaligned." They had to rework all the flightplans involving it. The publicly stated reason for it? "A small polar shift."

---- The US isn't the only place that has been experiencing animals dropping dead for no good reason in mass. There were incidents in New Zealand, China, Sweden, the UK, and South America as well, just to name a few. Right around the same time as the minor pole shift we just experienced.

I wonder if anyone else thinks that, just maybe, the Mayans may have been able to figure out a natural, Earthly geological cycle and accurately predicted when the next one would occur?
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 03:32:45 +0000

Well, we are actually in the process of a polar shift. The inner and outer core swap. Inner core explodes and outer core implodes, causing a magnetic shift that has happened every few hundred thousand years since the world began. Though of course, that really does not happen overnight :P

As for the end of the world... just as we know it, I think. Even if it's global warming that screws us over in the end. Or radio waves/whatever else it is they're blaming on the bees disappearing. See, even if something kills off all us humans, I think the rest of the world will move right along. Even if EVERYTHING dies - which is unlikely, considering the very deep sea creatures out there, even a nuclear war would have a hard time killing them all way down there - things will probably evolve again. Maybe even mammals will come back around and there'll be humans 2.0.

Maybe it'll just KEEP happening until the sun explodes, or we manage to do enough damage to the world that it won't be able to recuperate after we're gone, not even after thousands of years. But considering we all came from lightening and magma on a blank slate of a world, I think it's only fair to assume that the ONLY way we'd do that is by getting rid of our atmosphere entirely. Unlikely. Certain layers are thinning and certain layers are thickening but it's not actually going anywhere. And those little deep sea fishies and bacteria that once again evolve to fill up evoluntionary vacancies like bees and birds and mices.. they'll learn to cope with the differences in the air they'll have to breathe.

Prognosis:
End of world: Unlikely.
End of -our- world? Shit, we're humans dude. We can't go through our lives without destroying our personal little worlds at least once. It'll happen one day.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]LadyMcFee on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:56:37 +0000

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks something is truly going on here. I've seen on the net where a man buildt an exact replica of Noah's Ark right beside his house. It's bigger than the house, but who knows, he may need it. People have also been buying Closed missile silos and refurbishing them to live through it. If you're going to live through you will, no matter what you do, if not, then, well, you know.

Never heard about the animals and bees though that is news to me. They have said that every 2500 years the earth transforms itself. The last time was the ice age. It's that time again.
[OSX]LadyMcFee
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:50:58 +0000

Well, yeah. I mean.. the bees have been just.. disappearing. Whole hives of them, all at once, just leaving the hive and not coming back. It's pretty interesting. There are tonnes of theories about how it's wireless signals that's doing it or weather or whatever, but yeah. Bees do most of the hardcore pollination that we require for things to keep growing. Without them, we'd not last too much longer.
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]LadyMcFee on Wed, 12 Jan 2011 01:58:14 +0000

Yeah, it's amazing how each species works together to make another species be able to live. I am amazed how that works out. But it's that way for a reason. We have to rely upon each other and each species in order to keep on living. People just take things for granted. They don't heed the warning signs that are there.
[OSX]LadyMcFee
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Axalon57[OSX] on Fri, 04 Feb 2011 02:58:38 +0000

I'm with Snaggs on this one. To believe that the human race can decimate an entire planet through just passive means (ie, neglect of the environment through polution, deforestation, etc) is to me just arrogant. Yes, we are humans, and we behave like a damn virus at times, but to kill off an entire planet? If life is anything, it is tenatious, and no matter what the means against it, it will find a way to cope and survive. It may not be a good life, but for any species other than man life is very, very rarely about being good. It is about survival. Survival by any means, and we do not posess the power to quelsh that inherent drive.
Axalon57[OSX]

CW Profile

Postby KasparHauser on Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:28:59 +0000

First I would like to say that I can respect everyone's opinion on this topic.
Although I have to admit that i happen to believe a few things said here are nothing but mere bullshit.

[OSX]LadyMcFee wrote:There's many civilizations and prominent people in history that have predicted it. The Mayans, the Egyptians, Nostradamus, The Bible. Let's discuss this.

Most definitly a lot of predictions have been varified, but that means absolutely nothing since about 10^42(a rough estimate) predictions never got even close be being anything else but complete nonsense.

[OSX]LadyMcFee wrote:I've seen on the net where a man buildt an exact replica of Noah's Ark right beside his house. It's bigger than the house, but who knows, he may need it.

Really? He's building an ark? Now what does that actually tell us? Yeah...uhm... pretty much nothing.

[OSX]LadyMcFee wrote:They have said that every 2500 years the earth transforms itself. The last time was the ice age. It's that time again.

Who says that? And how do these people know that in the past of the earth which is about 4.6billion years the earth always transformed itself within 2500 years? Or how do they even know it has transformed every 2500 years within the last 100k years?

Ofcourse I will have to put my five cents in.
The world has always been changing and there is no reason why that should suddenly stop.

I have to agree that mankind doesn't do enough to protect the environment.
But in the end if mankind manages to extinguish itself, it's just another species gone and nothing really spectacular.
KasparHauser
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Sun, 06 Feb 2011 21:52:13 +0000

The 2012 date is not the absolute end of the Mayan bar-dot calendar system. It actually goes on to predict astronomical events up to thousands of years in our own future, as it has done for more than a thousand years.

In this situation, I like to simply give directions to find some of the info I have seen. I have spent a long, long time studying mythology, geology, astronomy, and weather patterns for the last nearly 3 decades. It's a minor obsession I've had since the age of 12. It started with studying mythology and religion, looking for explanations for what I had experienced. I began to see a pattern to the stories pretty quickly, but it was a different pattern than the one I had been looking for. The pattern was of cyclic changes that affected the entire planet. Several eras kept popping up ... 12,500 years ago the earth shifted and dropped into a polar deep-freeze across most of the globe; 7,500 years ago the great ice-age ended in a massive flood of melt-water, which raised the ocean's level by close to 100 meters.
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/gornitz_09/

This flood was what kept bringing me to the cycle. It turns out that every religion and faith across the globe had a flood legend dating to roughly the same point in the timeline.
The reason the flood drew my eye, I think, was because of my love of history. What history had taught me was that the most likely place for a fledgling civilization to prosper was close to the coastline. There are a number of reasons for this, resources being the most prominent. But we keep looking for evidence of our oldest ancestors inland, not on the ancient coastline. I understand; that's a lot of water. 120 meters of 7 pounds per gallon. It takes training to dive to some of these places. And what's down there to see anyhow? Well, it appears there are structures down there, that's what.
http://www.grahamhancock.com/gallery/underwater/yonaguni.htm

There are many forces at work on the surface of the Earth, from tectonic plates mechanics to pressure from the weight of the water and ice caps, to internal tidal affects from the spinning, liquid core of our planet. We tiny humans think we are the biggest influence on it, but we are only a small fragment of the equation. We say things like "not in MY lifetime," and ignore the obvious evidence that it will happen in SOMEONE'S lifetime, and pretend that we, the pinnacle of evolution, will be protected from the disaster. But we're wrong.

Take some time and review the evidence before you chalk it up to superstitious primitives and their beliefs.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Tranexx on Tue, 08 Mar 2011 14:40:21 +0000

[OSX] Toshiko Snags wrote:Well, yeah. I mean.. the bees have been just.. disappearing

The amount of derp in this thread is amazing. Polar shifts take tens of thousands of years to complete, the Maya are still around (and wonder why everybody thinks that they predicted the end of the world in 2012), and if you're forming a conclusion before gathering evidence then of COURSE all the evidence is going to point at the same thing.

Science, bitches.
Tranexx

CW Profile

Postby [EPCI] Silently Idle on Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:46:46 +0000

The bees aren't disappearing, they are dying. It is to hot for them to survive, they have a weather tolerance range of only a few degrees centigrade. Polar-shifts only take decades to complete, forty-five-sixty years to start up... It flips neigh instantly (in a matter of a few minutes). The evidence to support this hypothesis lies within USGS (United States Geological Survey) stating "If a polar shift were to take a time scale akin to that of other geological processes. In the time it took for the core to shift, the lack of a magnetic field would have whipped the whole planet devoid of life every 500,000 years." When the core shifts the magnetic field of the earth is weakened to 20% for about half an hour. A Solar Flare of a good size could wipe out all life on the planet. Though, one of that magnitude hasn't been seen since 1689, and that was in almost the opposite direction. Yes there are Maya still alive even today. The have admitted that the calendar marks the end of something... The end of the era period of prediction, as they ended the calendar there because they thought 5 millennia was "good for now".

Though we are oddly close to the "3000 year event strata" a phenomena that occurs every 3000 years that liquidates a civilization. Egyptians, Atlantians, Summarians... I think in that order. I think that is also what is happening now... just our technology makes the events seem mundane. To the Egyptians the jungle to desert thing was caused by heat and minute overgrazing... (They blamed god)... Atlantians were probably a tsunami like event akin to the one in asia. Just, when you live on an artificial island, it is a 50 foot wave that tips a seacity over. The Summarians were mostly eliminated by locusts.

With the size of our "World Civilization", 1 event wouldn't be enough to eliminate all of us. Just one region. It would be devastating yes, but we have far more control over the weather now than we did even 3000 years ago. With flood levys, agriculture, earthquake monitoring, volcanic warning systems, tornado sirens, meteorology... etc.

Protip: If ALL the bees died, we would loose half flowering plants, Honey would have to be made artifically, wasps would sentuple in number, and flys would quadrupole in number. Though, we would lose less cattle, and horses every year... However, 7 times more wasps is a scary thought.
[EPCI] Silently Idle
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Tranexx on Wed, 09 Mar 2011 05:32:23 +0000

[EPIC] Silently Idle wrote:Polar-shifts only take decades to complete, forty-five-sixty years to start up... It flips neigh instantly (in a matter of a few minutes). The evidence to support this hypothesis lies within USGS (United States Geological Survey) stating "If a polar shift were to take a time scale akin to that of other geological processes. In the time it took for the core to shift, the lack of a magnetic field would have whipped the whole planet devoid of life every 500,000 years."

[citation needed]

That's... not even remotely close to how it works. Just... wow. You're an idiot.

Though we are oddly close to the "3000 year event strata" a phenomena that occurs every 3000 years that liquidates a civilization. Egyptians, Atlantians, Summarians... I think in that order. I think that is also what is happening now... just our technology makes the events seem mundane. To the Egyptians the jungle to desert thing was caused by heat and minute overgrazing... (They blamed god)... Atlantians were probably a tsunami like event akin to the one in asia. Just, when you live on an artificial island, it is a 50 foot wave that tips a seacity over. The Summarians were mostly eliminated by locusts.

Ok, gonna regret spending THIS much time trying to enlighten your ignorant ass, but here we go...

Civilization is only 5000 or so years old. So your whole "3000 year event strata" is tremendously dumb.

The Sumerians were the first "major" civilization to rise. Their civilization fell due to poor agricultural techniques (failure to rotate crops) devestating their soil quality and resulting in massive salinity levels, killing off pretty much all plant life and stripping away the topsoil. That's why the "Fertile Crescent" is now a goddamned desert.

The Egyptian civilization didn't fall. They, like the Maya, moved out of their classical period. Additionally, the "modern" Sahara is about 13,000 years old, which makes it blatantly obvious (assuming you can count (I'm not assuming anything with you now)) that the desert was there before the Egyptians. The change between marshland and desert was gradual, over the course of several millenia PRIOR to the 13,000 year mark. There's a reason all the old Egyptian cities are RIGHT ON THE NILE.

The Atlanteans? Are you fucking high? The only credible person to ever mention Atlantis is Plato. Want to hear something funny? HE FUCKING MADE IT UP.

Protip: If ALL the bees died, we would loose half flowering plants, Honey would have to be made artifically, wasps would sentuple in number, and flys would quadrupole in number. Though, we would lose less cattle, and horses every year... However, 7 times more wasps is a scary thought.

[citation needed]

I'm not even going to refute this. Anybody who sees this and thinks "Yeah! THINK OF THE QUADRUPOLED FLYS" is already beyond redemption.

You can expect an invoice for the replacement of the brain cells I lost while reading your waterfall of dumb.

Sources: Books (try reading one some time), google-fu, and common sense.
Tranexx

CW Profile

Return to Politics / Religion / Philosophy