Competition / REASON

This forum is for user generated news, for the people by the people!

Competition / REASON

Postby Puppet Master on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 06:50:59 +0000

As due to All the medical visits and up coming surgeries. I have not been on or even done the news ( if you notice T've maybe been on 5 or 6 times int he last month). I would like to say I will be out for awhile more longer. So i will not be able to do the news for the obvious reasons.

I am purposing a Competition. The people who win will either get news positions that are temporary or permanent, or someone who i will cede my position to entirely. I will know if i will be ceding my position in the upcoming weeks. For now I am looking for people who can do the news accordingly.

Note the winners will not be chosen by me. The winners will be chosen by the staff of CW, the Chat monitors, and the top 10 have a vote as well. IF a person in the top ten choses to run they do not have a vote and top# 11 holder and so forth will have the vote instead. This is to ensure those who have a say know the game and or have been players long enough to know what the hell is going on most of the time.

Here is the competition outline.

You will create a news piece for one week. It will be submitted to the people who have the vote after you post that you are running. The articles will be compared and chosen by the Voters. There is no black and white. Do the news articles however you like on whatever you like. Also no help from the outside. unless a voter choses to review your article. If that is done then that person must offer and perform the same assistance to all people competing.

The General Rules are as Follows

Total time is 2 weeks
a. 1 week for news gathering
b. 1 week for composing and editing.

On the last day you must submit the articles otherwise you are disqualified. Submit to me via mail or some other source and they will be sent to all people who have a vote.

% To win
Top three will go onto a next round where a majority vote is needed to win. If it cannot be reached a re-vote will be cast with the person with highest approval %'s winning

All are welcome to compete in this.

If no one is willing to do this competition then Anyone is welcome to submit any articles to staff they have the powers to put the NEWS into this forums as they are the peace keepers of the game and probably know it better than anyone else on here.

If you have any questions that pertain to the competition ask them here.

If they do not directly apply to the competition in a fair and easily determined way THEY WILL BE REMOVED. And will have all future comments from that person permanently removed no matter what the content is in the future.

The two week period will begin this Saturday at reset of your local time all apps must be submitted to me by reset on march 5 reset -8 GMT

TITLE
( Articles For News Position)

After you are declared the winning I will write to Andi and exclaim the situation so you may be bestowed with a news coat.

I bid you all Adieu for now
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Re: Competition / REASON

Postby Myckaal on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:13:05 +0000

Not in. Don't want to be a part of any group that claims you as a member.

But I'll keep doing the gang news just to make you look bad.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:22:12 +0000

Okay do as you wish. But At this point in time . With what is going on . Since my situation is mroe important. You can Continue to go ahead and like a child do something that isnt even in the same category to make someone look bad.

Looks like you didn't read/understand the above competition. read it and understand it or GTFO or i will remove your posts. Simple as that.

Now go be a good little boy and do as you said.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby jinius on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 08:47:18 +0000

I may have a go, if only for you getting Mikey to say 'bad'....

Dumb Question Time: does the 'news' have to be specifically related to current cw activities/progress or is there some creative and artistic freedom in what the article is about?

D.

Ps, mikey, say it again, say it again!
jinius
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:24:41 +0000

If you violate the rules here the post removal will stand for FORUM WIDE. This is serious and isn't to be taken lightly.

SO as to your question it must pertain to the news for the current week. You can do as you wiht with making it just must be within the week that the competition starts in.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby jinius on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 00:05:53 +0000

Ok, well... is the first part of that meant for me?

Your sentance structure seems to have failed towards the end of the post but I think I get the general idea.
jinius
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 02:08:17 +0000

Yea sorry for the failing it was extremely late and well i needed to get the point across.

Well thank you.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:21:01 +0000

Competition has started.

-- Sun, 20 Feb 2011 19:21:08 +0000 --

Competition has started.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:28:52 +0000

No entries on this fail of a competition yet?
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:37:45 +0000

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:No entries on this fail of a competition yet?

All entries are private
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby [7s] Foamy Squirrel on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:43:56 +0000

So how can I vote on something that I'm not able to read >.>..Fail
[7s] Foamy Squirrel
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:04:59 +0000

|OSX| Marcus wrote:So how can I vote on something that I'm not able to read >.>..Fail

It wil be staff cm/s and admins
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:07:28 +0000

Note the winners will not be chosen by me. The winners will be chosen by the staff of CW, the Chat monitors, and the top 10 have a vote as well. IF a person in the top ten choses to run they do not have a vote and top# 11 holder and so forth will have the vote instead. This is to ensure those who have a say know the game and or have been players long enough to know what the hell is going on most of the time.

Marcus and I are both in that top ten you mentioned. So, yeah ..... how about those entries we're supposed to be seeing?
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:35:45 +0000

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:

Marcus and I are both in that top ten you mentioned. So, yeah ..... how about those entries we're supposed to be seeing?

Now now.. I show them when desired.

On the last day you must submit the articles otherwise you are disqualified. Submit to me via mail or some other source and they will be sent to all people who have a vote.

Myck Begin reading the whole article please.

-- Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:40:34 +0000 --

|OSX| Marcus wrote:So how can I vote on something that I'm not able to read >.>..Fail

Read the entire post.

IT says you get them when i do which is the last day.
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:31:20 +0000

It will be submitted to the people who have the vote after you post that you are running.

Posted where? Here? Who's running so far?

Because I get the idea that no one's taking this seriously. Or no one's interested.

If no one is willing to do this competition then Anyone is welcome to submit any articles to staff they have the powers to put the NEWS into this forums as they are the peace keepers of the game and probably know it better than anyone else on here.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, really. It seems like this is what would happen anyway if there was no official "CWNews." So .... I'm not sure what the context for it is ....

But regardless ..... seriously .... who's running so far?
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Next

Return to Unofficial CW News