News? You said what?

This forum is for user generated news, for the people by the people!

News? You said what?

Postby Player Unknown on Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:26:43 +0000

Welcome to this fine edition of news by yours truly. It's been roughly 3 years since I've been around and many things are different. One of the main things is the active players have dramatically declined. This has happened before and most likely will happen again. What have I been up to? If any of you guys have ever wondered that, well I've started a family. I have a 6 month year old daughter and a beautiful wife. Got my own house and I'm a chef. Over the past few years a lot of things have changed about gaming believe it or not. If you search for text-based games you may find 5 or so. Many of those 5 have the same ideas and structures. CW has a different idea and structure. One that used to work, but why doesn't it now? Is it the lack of skill needed for the game? Maybe the amount of time not needed for the game? Maybe people get on for the first 10mins and run out of things to do and get bored and quit? Then those same people go play CoD or something where you are always doing something. The fact of the matter is, when this game was created there were so many people to talk to and communicate with there really was no end to stuff to do. You guys may think this is a "hacking" game, but it isn't. This is a social game, even similar to SIMs. Basically what all I'm saying wraps down to this. Good members will bring new players. Good admins will bring good players. Good content will bring new players. Instead of saying "oh this game is broke and dead, no updates, no this, no that." why not say; What can I do to bring this game I love back to life? Honestly when i got that itch to come back and look to see how CW I was shocked to see anyone still playing, because when I left this mentality was already apparent. But I am here now. I believe this game is still alive. Over the 8 years I have played it has been alive. I think all the remaining loyal players need to remember how it all started. Invite your friends back talk to people. This still is a great game and with more players makes it even better. As far as content updates goes; You guys bring players back, I can almost guarantee that big man ID# 2 will do whatever is in his power to pump out whatever he can. I have tons of ideas I've written down from 3 years ago I never worked on and would love to share them with Andi.

So News? You said what?

Now to actual news:

Not sure how many will read this but;
Of course Twidget is #1 and doesn't seem to be moving whatsoever. But it appears Myckaal is on his way to #2 unless mr void decides to contest.

As far as the economy goes.....................................................

yea about the economy..... Well its not very strong. EC are going for 1.6mil roughly and probably not selling still. The average amount of players on is about 4-6, so not too terrible but we could make it better.
Now gangs is a little dry but EVO seems to be the most active gang around followed by 7s. I'm not sure how the war scene is at this point but I'm sure someone's doing it.

well not too much else to talk about at the moment. But I will be around in game and on forums so be sure to say hi. And don't forget to invite a friend. Maybe we can persuade Andi to increase referral rewards :)
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Re: News? You said what?

Postby [EVO]DeezNUTzU8 on Wed, 20 Mar 2013 21:44:18 +0000

Couldn't have said it better i want the old cyber wars back... The active cyber wars that is. There was never a dull moment in chat and gang activity was always happening. I invite like 10 people a day to join and once they do they see the inactivity and just never come back. The key to keeping this game alive is activity and I never plan on being done with this game because I played it at its peak. I'm aware of how great this game was, it's just a shame to see it die out. I would even donate money to help make it more up to date so new players get hook like I did so long ago
[EVO]DeezNUTzU8
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1] Digital Void on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:51:48 +0000

Smuggs wrote:Good members will bring new players. Good admins will bring good players. Good content will bring new players. Instead of saying "oh this game is broke and dead, no updates, no this, no that." why not say; What can I do to bring this game I love back to life?

Invite my friends? You fuckin kiddin right?
The only reason i kept on playing for as long as i did was to cure boredom at work. Then i found other games.

You know another reason why i wouldn't invite friends.... because of the next line: "Good admins". This game has none. Its that simple, hasn't had for a long time. The admins don't care, don't give a ****. Its the truth. What has been done for this game really? Is there promotion, is there advertising, is there fixes implemented, is there feedback to the current players, is there listening to the current players? If you say yes then you full of shit. Point in hand what happened recently with the system being down...what happened, what was the feedback, what was the incentive to players as an apology....well...sweet **** all is your answer.

Lyn started it all, and before he handed it over this game was seriously messed up. Orsm did nothing but fuel the demise, and Andi...well this game will never ever recover. Another reset is probably his only card left to play if he is even interested in the humour it might bring. The community has disappeared to a level where its just a last few old heads in a routine and people that pop back in.

Good content...well we all know thats fucked and generation of new ideas is just thrown in the bin as its too fuckin hard to improve this game if you don't care.

Referrals points...they are as useless as tits on a bull. Increasing them just increases shit.

Total number of users that have logged in the last 24hrs: 42
Its always around this number. And of that 42, maybe 10 will post. The forums are dead as is chat which was the cornerstone of the community. Banning trin, marky, etc which made for fun and mischief is what kept everyone coming back for more. If they admins were smart they would not have banned them but done some actual work and worked around these issues. Care factor = minimal

I havent been online now for nearly a month down to 64 ddays, last time i was on i had more than 100. Why am i on now....well boredom at work and was cleaning out favourites and saw this old link. So i came on to post this to waste some more time.

As for Myck taking over 2nd place, well he has a lot of levels to go. But if he does it, then well done to him.
Move along numpty!
[1] Digital Void
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Player Unknown on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 13:51:29 +0000

The fact of the matter is void; I'm trying to save a game I love. I have no doubt in my mind that we can get this site going again. Those 42 people average online? That's still not 0. I know you loved this game at one point too so instead of bashing me for saying what needs to be said, either help me or just leave the game. Either way I'm still gonna be here doing whatever I can to get this game back.
Player Unknown
Admin

CW Profile

Return to Unofficial CW News