Dear Admins... READ THIS.

Approved Suggestions

Dear Admins... READ THIS.

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:05:06 +0000

Orsm and Aoen... to maintain a little happiness around here... PLEASE START USING THE GIVE AND TAKE SYSTEM... instead of the TAKE TAKE TAKE system.

Example:

Jobs Max Success is now 80%... What the hell?! Nothing to benefit us.

You could have easily added BETTER JOBS and then reduced the damn success rate to 80%?!?!

I know.... "We have things to do besides CW" "You guys always bitch." "I will jail you."... Why not take longer for updates and changes, but make them a little beneficial to make the update positive for admins and players...
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Re: Dear Admins... READ THIS.

Postby ihacku on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:08:41 +0000

amen to that!!!! first reply, yay! :D
ihacku

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:26:25 +0000

I agree. The recent intent system update has not made any improvement to the game, and now made certain jobs completely redundant (where they may have been used to save time before). The intent system was perfectly good pre-reset, so this resent update has diminished an already working part of the game, while there are many bigger flaws to it than this.
Since the reset, I've seem quite a few positive updates be introduced and a positive mindset in the admins. Please don't go back to the old ways...
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:30:08 +0000

This is my great imput to this update... Its gay and I don't like it!
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby [7s] Twidget on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:33:07 +0000

Agreed. This change did not have any positive aspects to it at all. The only thing it did was neuter the one part of the game that actually truly worked the way it was intended to. Does anyone realize that it will now take over a year (even as a business owner with a lot of employees!) just to get a 100 intent bar, let alone max the bar at 150? And that's not factoring in the intent normally lost while not playing the game (like sleeping, for most people).

All this change did was make the game less appealing.
[7s] Twidget
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:50:18 +0000

I agree. This update was unnecessary and a step backwards, in my opinion. The intent system could have used a little tweaking, but more in the sense of things like just eliminating jobs 2 and 7, which are pointless to do even with this change ....

You guys (the admin) already reduced the points an intent boost gives you by a factor of 10. This was totally in keeping with the overall feel of the playing field, so it fit. That part made sense. But this latest change to jobs/intent doesn't fit.

This reminds me off high school, where the rules basically were made up on the fly. Sometimes, it's okay, and it benefits the game. Other times, things change just so that one or two players do better or do worse. No matter what the reason for those alterations, though .... change in mid-stroke are always gonna be met with questions of "WTF??" no matter how good the intentions are.

I don't think this update to the intent is a beneficial one. I think in the long run, Admin will agree. Odds are, when they do they'll change it again, and we'll all be pissed again for having to deal with the interim.

Adapt and survive ....
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 08:42:59 +0000

The intent success update was not a step back wards, it is to make the game fairer in the future. If we had 100 % not then we do get our intent up faster, meaning newer people would find it harder to catch up.

Atlhough, I do think we need a bigger, positive update, to keep everyone involved. Atm people are getting bored without a latest update to talk about and use. So my suggestion: code faster :)
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby link1n on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:23:14 +0000

All the jobs need to be redone and scaled properly. At the moment there a redundant jobs, for example, Job 8 is the same as Job 10 except better odds. Job 8 is also better than Job 9 in terms of reward with also better odds.

The jobs on OTCW seem fine, just copy those across.

Furthermore, The Newbie Job is exactly the same as Job 1...
link1n
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Void is a BIG FAGGOT on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:46:28 +0000

linkin wrote:All the jobs need to be redone and scaled properly. At the moment there a redundant jobs, for example, Job 8 is the same as Job 10 except better odds. Job 8 is also better than Job 9 in terms of reward with also better odds.

The jobs on OTCW seem fine, just copy those across.

Furthermore, The Newbie Job is exactly the same as Job 1...

Newbie Job = Job 1 = Job 2

Job 7 = Job 9

Jov 7 > Job 8
Void is a BIG FAGGOT

CW Profile

Postby Orsm on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:58:37 +0000

This was a required fix for the game. Nothing should pay 100%

In everything there is need for balance as to the case of the intent system.
Orsm
Admin

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:14:52 +0000

Orsm,

Sure nothing should pay 100% what about people who are really good in their business and a high level person at what they do, but due to the economy layoffs happen and he had to cover some poor guy who just got laid off job. This poor guy did the same job as the high level person only /10 the difficulty, why should the high lvl guy have the same success rating in the lvl 1 job as he does in the lvl 10 job?
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:59:21 +0000

I understand the reason behind ... But I still think, for the future new players ...

To keep the low level => up to Job 3 without a Cap of 80%

Job 1(newbie Job) => 100%
Job 2 => 100%
Job 3 => 95%
Job 4 to 9 => 80%

This way, new players with low intent skill can get to the 25 intent bar faster ...
Those with a higher intent skill won't stay with Job 1 to 3 for long (Doesn't pay enough) ...

:ugeek: zy

PS: Do rearrange the Jobs, having 2 the same or having 7 > 8 .. looks really unprofessional
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby valtam on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:22 +0000

I actually agree with Orsm. All the hacking areas cap at 85%, why doesn't anyone complain about that? Probably because it's always been like that. And hey, whaddayaknow, that works great! Keeping a relatively small chance of failiure is perfectly fine. I really can't see anything here as anything but pure tears about not getting stats as fast as you'd like. But at the end of the day, this affects absolutely everybody equally, so even though you'll get stats ever so slightly slower, so will everybody else. It seems most people have already forgotten about it, but I were regularily preaching about this as the pre-resets second biggest problem after interest (And in some aspects the by far biggest problem) The Game Score inflation. Mostly anything that slows down the pace of which you can build this up, will be a welcome update. Just accept the fact that our current CW will work with smaller numbers, and at a slower pace.

I also agree with Ozy, I think having increased percentages on the lowest level jobs would be fine, to ease the already quite horrible start.

Also, in response to spending over a year to get 100 intent, there are already LOADS of people with over 100 intent after 40 days WITHOUT owning a business. With this new update, it will take what, 45 days instead? My god, that's groundbreaking indeed!

Then again, nobody ever likes nerfs anyway, so the one thing I'd agree with here, would be that people could use an update that isn't a nerf, simply to brighten the mood. 'cause looking at the river of tears this quite "insignificant" update is causing, I dread the flood that will arrive when/if a genuine money-sink is implemented!

And on an entirely different note; Junny, stop being an idiot.
valtam

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:53:51 +0000

Also, in response to spending over a year to get 100 intent, there are already LOADS of people with over 100 intent after 40 days WITHOUT owning a business. With this new update, it will take what, 45 days instead? My god, that's groundbreaking indeed!

read much? 100 intent BAR
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby valtam on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:05:47 +0000

Ah, missed that, lol. Nevermind that part then. I can't even remember what intent you need to get that, hehe.
Good job at conveniently ignoring the rest of my post though. Maybe there's something grammatical you can bash me for aswell while you're at it!
valtam

CW Profile

Next

Return to Top Suggestions