EC Prices, since Suggestion thread is closed for some reason

Talk about anything you want here.

EC Prices, since Suggestion thread is closed for some reason

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:04:46 +0000

Ok, 50-75k is an acceptable range right now... I could afford those (Using my money for other purposes so not saving up yet)...

But 100-120k for ECs when everyone else has them LOWER? All that does is say to people wanting to sell "Hey, these guys look like they're getting big bucks on ECs, I'll sell mine for that, too!" ...

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT RUINED THE MARKET IN THE LAST GAME...

Since Inflation seems to be accelerating here almost at the speed it was going before the reset, why not put a damn price cap on the Market and change it every month or so? Like right now, price cap at 75k, which is reasonable. Then in February (since already halfway through December), it gets upped to 85k, and so on. Every month upgrade the price cap another 5-10k so that prices don't get so totally out of control.

We had it on the old CW, and it worked great! People whined and moaned about it, only being able to sell at 4 million per EC max, but as soon as it was taken off, within a DAY prices were up to 5 mil, within a MONTH prices were up to 8mil max.

I for one don't want to look into the EC Market in a month and see 500k EC prices when most people will have about half that in their entire Bank account... And that's what we're seeing right now, is EC prices that are about the size of (or in the case of Vashied and Kubbity) twice the size of, people's entire Bank savings...
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Re: EC Prices, since Suggestion thread is closed for some reason

Postby Enginn on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:10:22 +0000

Definitely put a price cap
Enginn
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:11:03 +0000

Fail.
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby TotesSkip on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:15:33 +0000

A price cap was tried and failed, go back to the drawing board kthxbai
TotesSkip
Staff

CW Profile

Postby [1]Savage Wolf on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:18:59 +0000

The price cap tried and failed only because people were bitching about there not being a variety of prices... That is the ONLY reason it failed.

Because people whined and bitched and complained.

Put the cap back on, Orsm and Aoen, and update it however you see fit. Don't let people's whining stop you from trying to fix the game and prevent whining later on. Inflation was what killed the old CW, because EC prices were through the roof and climbing daily. It's your game, Admins, take control.
[1]Savage Wolf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby TotesSkip on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:21:11 +0000

the failed price cap was not due to whining, it was fail, an open market is just that open. Things are being worked out to prevent this from happening and a cap will not solve anything..so once again back to the drawing board kthxbai
TotesSkip
Staff

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:32:11 +0000

The price cap was the single biggest failed update in the history of CW. It crippled the market and meant that people simply didn't use it. I remember the months when there was simply nothing on the market, as people just used p2p transfers. However, with that removed it might just work this time, although as soon as gangs start getting going it will fail again.
In the end, a free market is a free market, and you can't force people to sell for lower than they want, or the supply of ECs will dry up (which is actually what killed the last game imo). Notice how as soon as the unlimited EC shop last time opened up (in the form of 'restore energy') EC prices plummeted overnight? That's the ultimate market cap, because people then have to sell for lower than it if they want to make CDs.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby |BAD|Matty on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:50:39 +0000

Open the restore energy back.... Simple as that. That will keep the prices down as no one in their right mind would go on and buy overpriced ecs when they can buy cheaper energy in-game. The bonus will be an outflow of money from the game which will stabilize the economy. So... outflow of money and steady supply of energy = low prices. kkthxbai
|BAD|Matty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:48:56 +0000

|BAD|Matty wrote:Open the restore energy back.... Simple as that. That will keep the prices down as no one in their right mind would go on and buy overpriced ecs when they can buy cheaper energy in-game. The bonus will be an outflow of money from the game which will stabilize the economy. So... outflow of money and steady supply of energy = low prices. kkthxbai

Restore energy link is still available....
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:08:16 +0000

There is No p2p transfers now so a cap would work. People will wanna sell ECs as there is no interest now
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:09:32 +0000

MCKiller wrote:There is No p2p transfers now so a cap would work. People will wanna sell ECs as there is no interest now

Cap does not work... jesus christ...
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby [1] Digital Void on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:48:02 +0000

Just dont buy them if they are set too high. **** you really are dumb arent you AR.

In fact i think someone is already using your name.... "deadhead"
Move along numpty!
[1] Digital Void
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:11:00 +0000

Phildo wrote:
MCKiller wrote:There is No p2p transfers now so a cap would work. People will wanna sell ECs as there is no interest now

Cap does not work... jesus christ...

Any evidence of that (or even a logical argument) or you just going to keep saying it? ;)

Black Ice wrote:Just dont buy them if they are set too high. **** you really are dumb arent you AR.

In fact i think someone is already using your name.... "deadhead"

We tried not buying them if they were too high last time, yet here we are. We also tried calling them names, especially vashied. He's now #1, so that definitely doesn't work.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby |BAD|Matty on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:51:55 +0000

Phildo wrote:
|BAD|Matty wrote:Open the restore energy back.... Simple as that. That will keep the prices down as no one in their right mind would go on and buy overpriced ecs when they can buy cheaper energy in-game. The bonus will be an outflow of money from the game which will stabilize the economy. So... outflow of money and steady supply of energy = low prices. kkthxbai

Restore energy link is still available....

I meant the unlimited restore energy....Just as before the reset...
|BAD|Matty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 21:31:45 +0000

New market system has been put in place. Thread now redundant?

Rusty

CW Profile

Next

Return to General Chat