Screwing with the average price

Talk about anything you want here.

Re: Screwing with the average price

Postby Blanz on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:48:25 +0000

Maerad wrote:I mentioned this yesterday and some people seemed to think it was a good idea, so I guess I'll "officially" toss it out into the waters.

The reason ecs are so in demand and people are buying them at high prices is because of gangs. They need 500 of them. I know there are at least 4 or 5 gangs hoarding. Webs have crashed because of Spar getting his cap scouts and selling for cheap so they're "always affordable".

So... make it 100,000 websites and 50 ecs to make a gang. Or, since 100k webs would be incredibly harsh and the 50 ecs way too easy, 50,000 websites and 100 ecs. I mean, most people at the end of a week probably don't even have 2000 webs. Even with cap scouts - which are very, very expensive - it'd take a while to amass that much, besides buying them - which'd bring the prices up. Then, when there ARE more ecs in the game, change it back.

However, that being said, you guys would just bitch about it all anyway. "BAW the ec market started out as more expensive than people could handle without using their entire savings and now it's gone down, however am I supposed to be a rich git?" Also see: "BAW the web market is too low and is affordable, but that means I'm getting less of a profit!"

You know, I really don't get you people. You complained everything was too expensive, now it's too cheap and you refuse to sell despite the fact that 60k CDs is still an impressive chunk of people's savings. Man. Less "bitch bitch bitch baw I wont sell", more "oh hey I have a reasonable, valid idea which may help the game in the long run". Kay? Kay.

i definitely agree that something has to be done about ec costs in making gangs - personally i think it should be completely removed.

i disagree with you on websites though... why so many? because the price has been pushed so low, no one is selling anymore, so rather than more possible webs to use, there are less. people are having a hard time finding 10k webs for capacity scouts. so i think the website requirement should be halved.

overall, i think the cd cost should be doubled, the website cost halved, and the ec cost removed. this would account for all the shortages/surpluses that currently exist.

besides, 500 ecs is worth 40 mil right now. no one has that kind of money
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:35:07 +0000

You know, people would sell more webs if they were in higher demand. And the price would go up.

Of course, it doesn't help with people like Trinexx selling webs for 2cds per to purposely bring the prices down...
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:02:14 +0000

Maerad wrote:You know, I really don't get you people. You complained everything was too expensive, now it's too cheap and you refuse to sell despite the fact that 60k CDs is still an impressive chunk of people's savings. Man. Less "bitch bitch bitch baw I wont sell", more "oh hey I have a reasonable, valid idea which may help the game in the long run". Kay? Kay.

Please take note of complainers before making posts like this. There are two sides to every argument, and in this case, the other side is complaining. None of the people who were complaining before are now, and I'm even saying that I'm happy :P

I have to go soon so I'll be brief: I agree to bring down the EC cost for gangs, its too much (someone back me up with argument :P)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby {DD} Melka on Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:04:23 +0000

Blanz wrote:no one has that kind of money

G'day, the name's no one.
{DD} Melka
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:27:39 +0000

Hmm, 4 days is a long time in CW...
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:13:45 +0000

Let me make just this one point first.

Gangs SHOULD be expensive to start up. If the cost to start one up is what any new player can make on their own in the first week of playing, then it's TOO FUCKING LOW!!! Before the end, there were over 500 gangs. Do we really want to lower the cost to where everyone has a red coat and all the gangs are reduced to being a meaningless clique. The gangs that are here, this third week after the reset, are here because most of the players still remember the advantages to being in a gang.

For the first week, the talk was about who was gonna start the first one, and who was restarting what, seeing the market start to rise straight back to prices accessible only by the rich, and Aoen's first try at making it punishable to use greed as a market tool. In case you hadn't noticed .... IT'S STILL TOO FUCKING EARLY FOR YOU PEOPLE TO BE TRYING TO MAKE INFLATION AN ISSUE. How about you wait a little bit for the game to stabilize and Admin to get an idea of what functions how. Now would probably be a good time to point out that Admin should play, if for no other reason than to see how it works from a player's point of view.

Blanz wrote:
|OSX| Junny wrote:Deal with it, greedy bastard.

ALSO, ECs are inflated, they were bound to drop again.

people WANT to buy them at higher prices, (but cant because of market restrictions) so they arent inflated

It comes back to the greed, doesn't it. You think selling for LESS means not getting your full worth out of them. No one WANTs to pay more for them. They WILL pay more for them. I think you're confusing your definitions, Blanzy

Blanz is using the same logic that some corporations use, I think.
If Business X makes 324,000 profit in 2003, They say they are making money as long as it's more than the profit from the year before
If Business X makes 325,000 profit in 2004, They say they made a small profit, since 1000 next to 324,000 isn't a huge increase.
If Business X makes 324,000 profit in 2005, They say they lost money, because they didn't make as much profit as the year before
And Gods forbid Business X makes 323,000 profit in 2005, because then They'll say they took a substantial loss. Because they made more money two years ago ....

But nowhere does it occur to them that they may have created their own loss. By raising the cost of the product out of the reach of the average, you make it so that only the wealthy can afford your prices. Since there are fewer wealthy than there are average, by simple mathematics, you cut off a portion of your potential clients. In order to keep making more profit, you then must increase your price, since you have to make up for the loss of quantity of sales. If you kept your prices at the market average or *gasp* a little lower, you'd never have to announce your stuff in the market. It would be sold before you got anywhere near the chat to say so. Inflating the price further just to support your losses that occurred as a result of you raising the prices, is not "good business" or "ethical"

Bah .... when all that matters to people is the money, little else makes sense but just making more of it .....
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:16:14 +0000

[OSX] Mr Ecks wrote:Bah .... when all that matters to people is the money, little else makes sense but just making more of it .....

Rusty's prize for an altruistic market system is still available ;)

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby PelicanBay on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 03:42:57 +0000

I will personally sell at a lower price all the time to keep the market down,,, so you can just eat me
PelicanBay

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:38:56 +0000

Phucko wrote:I will personally sell at a lower price all the time to keep the market down,,, so you can just eat me

Sell more ECs, they're going up :P

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 01:11:03 +0000

Bump for complete relevance to the current EC average.

edit: nobody'll see this, so I did it. >=)
Last edited by Toast on Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:19:29 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:48:14 +0000

Needs more conspiracy theory.
Also, I want to see what happens tomorrow. If the price is low because 1k ECs were put through at 1k per, it'll shoot up. If 100k were put through at 50k per, it'll go up somewhat but not too much. If it stays the same, act of god ;)
So, lets see the conspiracy theories develop...

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:19:20 +0000

[quote="Maerad"The reason ecs are so in demand and people are buying them at high prices is because of gangs. They need 500 of them. I know there are at least 4 or 5 gangs hoarding. Webs have crashed because of Spar getting his cap scouts and selling for cheap so they're "always affordable".

So... make it 100,000 websites and 50 ecs to make a gang. Or, since 100k webs would be incredibly harsh and the 50 ecs way too easy, 50,000 websites and 100 ecs. I mean, most people at the end of a week probably don't even have 2000 webs. Even with cap scouts - which are very, very expensive - it'd take a while to amass that much, besides buying them - which'd bring the prices up. Then, when there ARE more ecs in the game, change it back.
[/quote]

1stly Orsm has already said no to this, i thought he might have seen it

As for the rest of the markets falling, its one of 2 things, Admins changing the price or people just no selling
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Previous

Return to General Chat