Rules Of Combat (or the Cyber Wars Geneva convention)

Talk about anything you want here.

Rules Of Combat (or the Cyber Wars Geneva convention)

Postby Myckaal on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:04:49 +0000

There's been a bit of talk that comes across as whining. In the interest of giving everyone a chance to say something that doesn't sound like whining, I pose this question:

What kind of treatment do you expect during a gang war?

And after you've considered that query, what kind of treatment would you LIKE during a gang war?
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Rules Of Combat (or the Cyber Wars Geneva convention)

Postby BioHaZard on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 13:35:58 +0000

get killed and kill ?
BioHaZard
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [1]MCK on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 15:00:17 +0000

Win at any cost
[1]MCK
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 08 Jan 2010 23:31:47 +0000

Mark wrote:Yeah stop whining and deal with it bitch.

Do you have to be an asshole about everything?
He's not saying he wants to create any rules, he just wants clarification if anyone else wants them. You could at least be polite enough to tell him that you want no rules, rather than insulting him.
IMO, I'd like it if there were some sort of rules to gang wars, but I think I'm in the minority here. However, if petty tactics continue to happen we may have to create some or end up in a stalemate situation where gang wars aren't worth the hassle they bring.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 10:50:26 +0000

LoL ... as if this would be followed ...

Since we can't even see who did what killing .. or healing or betraying your gang ... what's the point in having rules ..
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 11:17:34 +0000

|OSX|Rusty wrote:
Mark wrote:Yeah stop whining and deal with it bitch.

Do you have to be an asshole about everything?
He's not saying he wants to create any rules, he just wants clarification if anyone else wants them. You could at least be polite enough to tell him that you want no rules, rather than insulting him.
IMO, I'd like it if there were some sort of rules to gang wars, but I think I'm in the minority here. However, if petty tactics continue to happen we may have to create some or end up in a stalemate situation where gang wars aren't worth the hassle they bring.

Do you have to whine about everything and make this big posts about why you "know" whats right/best everytime...?
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 14:52:30 +0000

Actually, I'll clarify, since I don't think anyone really got my point.

If your gang is in a war, should you expect any kind of fair treatment from the opposing gang, or is it a matter of just refreshing the other team's attack pages repeatedly? If this is the only hour out of the whole day to get online and try to get some IQ or money hacks in, do you have any option aside from begging? Even in war, some tactics are deemed "against the rules."
There's this thing called the "Geneva Convention" that was set up 60 or so years ago to deal with the treatment of prisoners and medics and such. My question was more directed at determining whether or not we should/would/could come up with an arrangement for the other casualties in the wars along a similar vein, or is it free-for-all and screw you if you don't like it?. The conditions of Cyber warfare bring other casualties into it. Members who aren't big enough to compete in the war, but who are still doing their IQ hacks , for example.

Personally, I'm of the "adapt and learn, or perish" mindset, with a heavy dose of "If you use dirty tactics, I sure will, too" mentality.I don't expect any courtesy myself, nor do I intend to intentionally just hand it out. I just thought I'd give a shot at seeing if anyone else wanted to suggest something like "give 10 minutes between killing someone in a war." Or maybe "don't kill anyone more than 5 times in an hour."

I'm not sure I would stick to any of it, but I thought I'd see what y'all had to say.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 15:34:08 +0000

Mark wrote:I'll say what I like Rusty.

Fair enough.

Mark wrote:Here is a little tip: In real wars no one plays by the rules.

Sorry, forgot WWII wasn't a real war.

NPC [1]07 wrote:Do you have to whine about everything and make this big posts about why you "know" whats right/best everytime...?

Yes.
Are you criticizing me for justifying my opinions rather than just spouting bull?
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby The Solution on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 18:47:48 +0000

Eliminate point wars and all this bullshit can be solved real quick.

Create a couple different war scenario options when declaring upon another gang. I currently don't have the motivation to go in depth (maybe later) and come up with new war options, but something along the lines of FIGHT TILL THEY FUCKING SURRENDER.

More to come.
The Solution
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:41:06 +0000

The Solution wrote:Eliminate point wars and all this bullshit can be solved real quick.

Create a couple different war scenario options when declaring upon another gang. I currently don't have the motivation to go in depth (maybe later) and come up with new war options, but something along the lines of FIGHT TILL THEY FUCKING SURRENDER.

More to come.

This topic may be of interest to you.

Trinexx wrote:You can sound like a bit of a blowhard at times. No offense intended, you know I think highly of you.

That's a fairer criticism .

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby The Solution on Sat, 09 Jan 2010 23:47:44 +0000

You also feel the urge to ALWAYS make a comment. Rather annoying.
The Solution
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 10 Jan 2010 02:45:01 +0000

The Solution wrote:You also feel the urge to ALWAYS make a comment. Rather annoying.

Need a way to keep my post count up without spamming ;) But I'll try and hold back on that from now on.
Oh, wait...

Rusty

CW Profile

Return to General Chat