Inflation......

Talk about anything you want here.

Inflation......

Postby Confuzzed on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:11:42 +0000

This all stands to some serious correction but i thought i would write it and wait for a response

Ok so in CW before it was reset we had a major problem with regards to the inflation of ECs. It was going up around 500k to 1.5mil per month and landed up at one stage around 6.3mil per ec

The EC shop brought that down to 5mil per. But everyone had at least a billion and there was ALOT of cash inside the game.

So my question is this
Why is it that the inflation of ecs prices has doubled in relation to game figures?

Current we have 419,277,391cds in the game as a total figure
The EC price is already 100-120k

So in the 7 days that i have been here it has gone from around 80-90k up to 100-120k. I aint no maths wiz but i would say that ecs might have the same inflation rate of Zimbabwe.

I would love to know what people think, maybe i am just 2 used to the old ways and have missed the bus somewhere
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Inflation......

Postby link1n on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:02:11 +0000

I wouldn't say its due to inflation, its just a simple supply and demand fluctuation. At the moment there is a demand, hence the price goes up. The market average penalty is there so the price doesnt go up drastically, but all it takes is just 1 user with alot of money buying ec's to dictate market prices.

This is probably something we have to get used to again, i dont see a sure fire way to combat this
link1n
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:24:51 +0000

more ecs. problem solved
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:55:53 +0000

Rusty's NCW inflation watch!.
That's the plug out of the way nice and early ;)
As the figures show (if you'd tried reading them) is that the ratio between ECs and CDs on the market is way out of proportion with their amounts in the game, and so the CD is very undervalued compared to the EC.

HOWEVER, having said that, in the 7 days you pick to comment on, the ratio of ECs to CDs on the market has increased less than that of the ratio of ECs to CDs in the game. Therefore, it is actually getting better with time, and once the amounts have stabilised some more the prices will follow.

TL;DR There were a lot of CDs created this week, and not many more ECs, so the prices went up.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:44:26 +0000

Ok lets that try again in english, cause all i am hearing is positives and more forking out for everything
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:31:58 +0000

Confuzzed wrote:Ok lets that try again in english, cause all i am hearing is positives and more forking out for everything

What?
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 20:32:38 +0000

id look at the same person that increased websites in CW before the reset.

its not an issue of supply and demand, wasnt before hand.
all it is is greed, if you see/hear ecs being sold for at a certain price, you think you can sell it for that or more

also if you buy ecs, and plan to resell you dont want to loose on the transaction, so you hike the price

and then the prices climb
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:23:26 +0000

PaPPy wrote: if you see/hear ecs being sold for at a certain price, you think you can sell it for that or more

also if you buy ecs, and plan to resell you dont want to loose on the transaction, so you hike the price

I'd call that supply and demand ;)

Rusty's billion CD prize for a altruistic CW market system is still in place, which will prove to me this 'greed' thing still exists, rather than it just being capitalism.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:46:38 +0000

Rusty its wierd the way everyone else seems to understand and agree with things, heck i'd almost say u sound like old me these days :lol:
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:56:45 +0000

Well i still say that the top five people in cd can inflate the ec market if we so wish. Greed is everywhere.

Would you want a 20 or a 100 where available.

See my point.
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:59:53 +0000

cmsjr123-Puppet Master wrote:See my point.

Not really, can you explain further?

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby HT{gow} on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:21:38 +0000

Hmmmm, someone WILL always put the prices higher and higher, if you have not noticed i sell alot of ec's and always sell them at the lowest price if someone wants to go lower thats fine as thats wat i'm trying to do, until the person that has the highest price comes along and buy all the cheapest ones so people have to buy theirs, but that does not always work out as the penalty works out more for them in the long run!

Ok yes maybe its their prerogative to do that, but in the long run the same thing is going to happen again as it did before the reset prices are just going to go sky high... some might say the admins need to watch for this happening and others may say just leave them to it?? But only time will tell.. Maybe forget about the market completely and everybody keeps their own items?? (ONLY AN IDEA BEFORE I GET BITCHED AT)
HT{gow}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby valtam on Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:38:01 +0000

I've said it earlier, and I'll happily say it again:
Untill a money-sink is implemented that causes the overall balance of CD's to remain steady at a certain value, everything will slowly but steadily inflate once more. To keep the prices at a controlled point, something needs to be added that causes as much CD's to go back into the game as the amount of CD's generated, leaving the daily balance at as close to +/- 0 as possible.

Currently, there are very very few things in the game that takes cash out of it. The only thing I can think of that reduces the amount of CD's in a substantial amount is servers, and those will in turn be used to create even more dosh, which makes them practically worthless at sinking money out again.
valtam

CW Profile

Postby Blanz on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 01:05:45 +0000

PaPPy wrote:id look at the same person that increased websites in CW before the reset.

its not an issue of supply and demand, wasnt before hand.
all it is is greed, if you see/hear ecs being sold for at a certain price, you think you can sell it for that or more

I'm glad you're no longer controlling that then, because you couldn't be more wrong
Blanz

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:39:19 +0000

valtam wrote:I've said it earlier, and I'll happily say it again:
Untill a money-sink is implemented that causes the overall balance of CD's to remain steady at a certain value, everything will slowly but steadily inflate once more. To keep the prices at a controlled point, something needs to be added that causes as much CD's to go back into the game as the amount of CD's generated, leaving the daily balance at as close to +/- 0 as possible.

Currently, there are very very few things in the game that takes cash out of it. The only thing I can think of that reduces the amount of CD's in a substantial amount is servers, and those will in turn be used to create even more dosh, which makes them practically worthless at sinking money out again.

Firstly, you forgot about weapons as a money sink ;)
To use an unneeded and completely overcomplicated analogy, our search for a money sink is like physicist's search for dark matter. The maths says that it must be somewhere out there to fix our model, but there are too many candidates and none of them give us the whole picture. Either one day someone will find it out and post it in the suggestions forum, in which case we'll all love it and it will be implemented easily, or (more likely) some entirely new concept must be added to CW requiring a lot of effort that will work around the problem. I thought the new market system would be it but, although no doubt it dampens it, it doesn't to appear to have fixed inflation.
However, we're still less than 2 months in with CW growing and ECs are less than 1 mil each, so I'm not too worried about inflation at the moment. I'll think about it again when one of those things happens ;)

-- Tue, 26 Jan 2010 00:39:06 +0000 --

Point of information: CDs are showing a downward trend in the last few days. Will keep an eye on it...

Rusty

CW Profile

Return to General Chat