Should players have the option?

Talk about anything you want here.

Should players have the option as to which players get staff and other positions of power?

Yes
31%
No
42%
Yes, but not markeh
28%

Total votes : 36

Should players have the option?

Postby Bish on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:56:37 +0000

Yeah, read the poll question..
Bish

CW Profile

Re: Should players have the option?

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:15:24 +0000

Bish i would have to say no to this.

The main reason is that usually the people that are chosen are reliable and decent. Also its not a popularity contest, its a matter of Orsm needs to be able to
A - Work with the person
B - Trust that person
C - Get hold of them

Us being able to chose out mates would just cause a conflict of interest and that would land up worse on the game. I hated the idea of Frank as staff but i can tell you that he was right for the job.

I would however say that Orsm seriously needs to have another look at his Mods/Monitors/Staff. They need to be redone and frankly they need to be people that are more active within their various fields.

This bullshit of having Chat monitors that are never active in chat it not working
Having Mods that dont do anything in thier respective forums doesnt help anything either
And having staff that are just never around to help people that require help (Or that just dont give a shit) it pointless

So i would agree that those in power need to be rethought but i would NOT agree to allowing everyone to decide
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby |OSX|Purple Nerple|DbD| on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:19:39 +0000

Wow....I agree with fuzzy...
|OSX|Purple Nerple|DbD|
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 08:59:53 +0000

What Fuzz said..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby EVO|BLACK574|2 on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:08:57 +0000

I agree with Fuzzy
EVO|BLACK574|2

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:06:13 +0000

I agree with the first half of fuzzy's post (although I would, wouldn't I? ;))
An odd thing happens when you gain any position of authority in CW, in that everyone suddenly thinks you're the worst person for the job :P If we had the choice to vote for who was in staff, the staff would change every single time there was a vote. That would make it very inconsistent for both the players and orsm.
CW isn't a democracy, its all up to orsm. However, orsm has let the players have more say than lyn ever did, and a suggestion like this would have come during lyn's reign as it would have been laughed at, showing that players' opinions have a lot more influence now ;)

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:This bullshit of having Chat monitors that are never active in chat it not working
Having Mods that dont do anything in thier respective forums doesnt help anything either
And having staff that are just never around to help people that require help (Or that just dont give a shit) it pointless

1. I often see the chat monitors in chat. Maybe you aren't in the right timezone or the times you both come on are odd for the other one?
2. I get complained about because I'm too active in the forums! Please decide which way you want me to be. (and the reason not much moderating is done is not much rule breaking gets done)
3. I feel staff do much more behind the scenes than we know, but a more visible presence might be nice.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:27:51 +0000

Rusty wrote:1. I often see the chat monitors in chat. Maybe you aren't in the right timezone or the times you both come on are odd for the other one?
2. I get complained about because I'm too active in the forums! Please decide which way you want me to be. (and the reason not much moderating is done is not much rule breaking gets done)
3. I feel staff do much more behind the scenes than we know, but a more visible presence might be nice.

1 - Then maybe we need someone in this timezone OR maybe we just need more active chatting CM's
2 - i aint talking about you fool, :lol: but this area would be the least of my concern
3 - Admins should work behind the scenes, the staff should be visable and around to help out. We need more of them IN different time zones

My main concern would be the lack of orange in chat, i mean lets be reasonable, having 2 CM's that are never online OR are online when i am asleep (in which case they are still useless) is stupid. Heck Make Dan a CM he is active enough in my timezone
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Phildo on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:40:44 +0000

Sure, I think players can make great suggestions, but they should not be choosing the staff, no.
Fuzzy is right, they need to be able to work with Orsm to work out the best.
Phildo

CW Profile

Postby ten on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:02:47 +0000

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:3 - Admins should work behind the scenes, the staff should be visable and around to help out. We need more of them IN different time zones

Admin write code.
Staff do other things like settle disputes, look for cheaters, help with lost passwords bla bla bla
We're a little light on staff atm but I'm sure the situation will be resolved shortly.

Chat is supposed to be handled by the monitors who I imagine were chosen based on their ability to handle whatever arises there and if the situation needed to be escalated, it would be passed along to staff and if staff can't make a ruling it would be passed on to orsm.

You can mail staff/admin from the admin/staff page with any issue.
ten

CW Profile

Postby The Solution on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:47:20 +0000

Clean out the forums, organize them and make them readable and capable to enjoy then?
The Solution
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Wed, 17 Feb 2010 05:51:14 +0000

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:Bish i would have to say no to this.

The main reason is that usually the people that are chosen are reliable and decent. Also its not a popularity contest, its a matter of Orsm needs to be able to
A - Work with the person
B - Trust that person
C - Get hold of them

Us being able to chose out mates would just cause a conflict of interest and that would land up worse on the game. I hated the idea of Frank as staff but i can tell you that he was right for the job.

I would however say that Orsm seriously needs to have another look at his Mods/Monitors/Staff. They need to be redone and frankly they need to be people that are more active within their various fields.

This bullshit of having Chat monitors that are never active in chat it not working

So i would agree that those in power need to be rethought but i would NOT agree to allowing everyone to decide

i agree on the orsm part
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Bish on Thu, 18 Feb 2010 02:59:18 +0000

I am glad this got some sensible answers, Thanks for the response
Bish

CW Profile

Postby PaPPy on Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:15:04 +0000

i chose arya cause she was always in chat. and never really had any problems with her.

players shouldnt get to choose staff, because it would turn into a popularity contest.

fortunitly a lot of measures were implemented to safe guard of staff abusing their powers, for their gangs or personal use (looking at others stats)
everything they do is logged

i do think right now more staff is required. so maybe recommendations wouldnt hurt.
but it is orsm's game and he will decide as he sees fit
PaPPy

CW Profile

Postby [LAW] adam on Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:03:06 +0000

We're users. We have no right to choose what users should be staff. That greatly depends on the relationship said member can hold with Orsm. Just because you can get along with a users, doesn't mean Orsm can.
I do however feel we should voice our opinion about when we need more staff. For example, the CM situation. I do see both CMs regularly, but only during selects hours of the day; adding another may be in order.

Just my opinions.
[LAW] adam
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:52:46 +0000

adam wrote:We're users. We have no right to choose what users should be staff. That greatly depends on the relationship said member can hold with Orsm. Just because you can get along with a users, doesn't mean Orsm can.
I do however feel we should voice our opinion about when we need more staff. For example, the CM situation. I do see both CMs regularly, but only during selects hours of the day; adding another may be in order.

Just my opinions.

I agree in respect to the CM situation. We definitely need at least one other CM that isn't in North America to monitor chat. However, I do not nominate Rusty. No offense, but you command the forums with an iron fist with your "top suggestion" rules mostly nobody follows.

If one CM needs to give up their spot to make way for this new CM, I'd happily give up my spot. Life's starting to close in on me, and less "responsibilities" would clear my mind a lot faster.

As it stands, Arya is online from 5:30am to 9:30pm EST, except for when she goes to school. I usually fill in for her when she's away, though I'm not a permanent back-up; we both have lives, and classes, and family issues to attend to. We're not perfect, and we're not eBots. We can't monitor chat every fucking hour of every fucking day.

So, it's up to Orsm. I personally feel that there are too many CMs on the EST time zone, and I think one should go. And, following the line of seniority, I think, if need be, I should be dropped first.

And Arya should stop being so quiet.

That is all.
Toast

CW Profile

Next

Return to General Chat