Should players have the option?

Talk about anything you want here.

Should players have the option as to which players get staff and other positions of power?

Yes
31%
No
42%
Yes, but not markeh
28%

Total votes : 36

Re: Should players have the option?

Postby [7s]Light Spawn on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:25:50 +0000

With this said i nominate Myself and myself alone .......Cm or staff Cast your votes.......Seriously great idea we allways get some ...... well people that really dont
Deserve it so we need more active staff sorta like skip that stayed in chat but isnt afraid to get in personal situations and pick the situation over friends make the right choice
[7s]Light Spawn
Donator

CW Profile

Postby TICSexMonster on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 05:48:03 +0000

^ YOU WANT TO BE STAFF/CM?

oh.cool
TICSexMonster
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:03:18 +0000

~7s~Light Spawn wrote:With this said i nominate Myself and myself alone .......Cm or staff Cast your votes.......Seriously great idea we allways get some ...... well people that really dont
Deserve it so we need more active staff sorta like skip that stayed in chat but isnt afraid to get in personal situations and pick the situation over friends make the right choice

Since you are "nominating" yourself i already know you are wrong for the job
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Puppet Master on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:06:07 +0000

The Only people who should be nominated for staff should be done so by staff managment/Orsm

If you want the job don't think about it. Only orsm will decide. So this topic is mute block the topic
Silence Is Golden, But Duct Tape Is Silver
Puppet Master
Global Mod

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:09:25 +0000

~7s~Light Spawn wrote:With this said i nominate Myself and myself alone .......Cm or staff Cast your votes.......Seriously great idea we allways get some ...... well people that really dont

I didn't know we weren't in the same time zone. After all, if it's noon in Toronto, it's noon in Boston, and it's noon in Rochester.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:41:31 +0000

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:

Since you are "nominating" yourself i already know you are wrong for the job

Seconded. Many people want to be staff, but it should be orsm's choice who is.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Sat, 20 Feb 2010 02:26:09 +0000

Rusty: You spam the forums you control, and complaining is pointless because, well, you decide whether or not what you say is spam. And since you posted it, it's pretty obvious you don't. You just want to see your name in every forum as a "last poster". It's actually kind of annoying, and most of why I avoid the forums even when there is a topic I'm interested in keeping an eye on.

I'm a half and half. I think the players should have SOME say in who the staff are because frankly, we need people WE can trust as well as people orsm can trust. We also need people who will be around, even if they're not actively chatting. Someone who will talk to us more about the decisions the Admin make when there's an uproar (and there always is someone who will complain or not understand why something is implemented.) On the other hand, I also agree that it has to be someone Orsm thinks he can trust, too. So.. yeah.

I can actually understand some of the dilemma the Admin may be having about the new staff... but that's neither here or there.

Also, Arya is usually lurking (you can tell by her busting) but I don't see Toasty more than once or twice a day in chat, usually. Though, I don't think Rusty should be a chat mod. Or any of the forum mods. Not a one of them spends as much time in chat as, say, GK or Twidget. (and many others, they're just the first to mind.)

That's my 2 cents...
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Corey[OSX]Burton on Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:18:47 +0000

I would gladly become a CM/Staff Member. And I'm from an Australian Time-Zone, online 6-14 hours a day, every day, more or less. Just putting that forth...
I'm basically Myckaal 2.0. We've got the same basic features, only I'm faster and more handsome.
Corey[OSX]Burton
Staff

CW Profile

Postby Toast on Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:53:00 +0000

Kitty ::OSX:: wrote:I don't see Toasty more than once or twice a day in chat, usually.

For the record, this week I was on vacation, and I almost always have the chat page open. But it's not like anything happens anyways.
Toast

CW Profile

Postby Insane |GATE| Dwarf on Sat, 20 Feb 2010 13:05:55 +0000

I think it could work, if Orsm puts a poll on who he has in mind like say Ozy, Twigs or GK.
Then we do an anonmyous vote if said example players agree to being nominated, that would allow orsm to take it into consideration. Although to be honest i think it would have to be decided by a clear majority.
Insane |GATE| Dwarf
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX] Snags Almighty on Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:04:24 +0000

The Original Toast wrote:
Kitty ::OSX:: wrote:I don't see Toasty more than once or twice a day in chat, usually.

For the record, this week I was on vacation, and I almost always have the chat page open. But it's not like anything happens anyways.

This is true, but tbh I don't remember seeing you more than once or twice a day other than that anyway o.o but like you say, nothing happens...
If Jesus had Twitter: Just got nailed in Jerusalem, LOL.

[OSX] Snags Almighty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Sun, 21 Feb 2010 02:06:43 +0000

Kitty wrote:Rusty: You spam the forums you control, and complaining is pointless because, well, you decide whether or not what you say is spam.

People assume I won't delete my own posts if you report them, which is fair enough but you should try it out some time just to check before saying it. Remember, I'm not the only forum mod ;)

Kitty wrote:And since you posted it, it's pretty obvious you don't. You just want to see your name in every forum as a "last poster".

I post on average in 5 topics per day, and that's down from 7 per day when Sol complained. There are way more than 5 topics in CW so please try and find one I didn't post in if you don't like seeing me as 'last poster'

Kitty wrote: Though, I don't think Rusty should be a chat mod. Or any of the forum mods. Not a one of them spends as much time in chat as, say, GK or Twidget.

Who suggested I should be chat mod? I'm never in chat because I'm in the forums, and then I get bitched at for being in the forums too much...
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Sun, 21 Feb 2010 02:32:08 +0000

16.77% of all posts / 5.12 posts per day

for a gobal game, thats a pretty big % of the total posts IMO
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby Bish on Sun, 21 Feb 2010 05:54:13 +0000

Super{DD}RAWR wrote:I would gladly become a CM/Staff Member. And I'm from an Australian Time-Zone, online 6-14 hours a day, every day, more or less. Just putting that forth...

I am in roughly the same time zone but Im cooler >.>
Bish

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:05:10 +0000

Kitty wrote:Rusty: You spam the forums you control, and complaining is pointless because, well, you decide whether or not what you say is spam. And since you posted it, it's pretty obvious you don't. You just want to see your name in every forum as a "last poster". It's actually kind of annoying, and most of why I avoid the forums even when there is a topic I'm interested in keeping an eye on.

+1
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat