Gang War Comp

Talk about anything you want here.

Gang War Comp

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:30:51 +0000

I am not 100% sure about who remember the war comp we once ran, well it is slowly coming back.

We want to hold a gang war comp, it will work like this

1 - Your gang enters
2 - Its gets set into wars with other gangs
3 - You report the stats
4 - WE get the best killing gang of them all

HOWEVER there will be strict rules AND an entrant fee in order to get people to stick to the rules.

Here is what i have thought about so far

1 - a 50ec buy in per gang (These ecs will be held by Aoen)
2 - You member number WILL be locked. We all know the average number of players in your gangs, so dont try pull a fast one
3 - All wars will be a best 2 out of 3. At this point you will move onto your next target
4 - We will randomly select who will fight who via an online random generator (that way it is fair)
5 - It will be a round robin format, with the winner being the gang with the most points. (We may have finals though depending on scores)
6 - If you should drop your numbers to win a war, you will be disqualified
7 - If another gang attacks your war target, that is fair game. It comes with the territory and frankly as much as it is dirty, its part of war
8 - Minimum of 15 members per gang, i dont want 4 member gangs to ruin the whole thing
9 - It will be a point drawn system, 3 points for a win, 2 for a tie and 1 point if you lose by less than 50 kills

RULES LOCKED AS OF 25/02/2010 12:45 server time

The winner of the comp will get 50% of the ecs, 2nd place will get 30% and 3rd place will get 20%
Please note that we have someone who is suppling 300+200+100 ecs for top3 winners on top of the buy in

This is in the process of quality control and checking, please all input would be greatly appreciated. If possible i would like to start it around 15 March 2010
Last edited by Confuzzed on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:45:38 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Re: Gang War Comp

Postby Myckaal on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:43:47 +0000

Sounds like and idea.

I would rather it be broken up into sets of best-3out-of3, that way you know it's not just the luck of timing. We can all attest to wishing some of the bigger members would get home from school or work or wake the hell up or whatever. A single elimination match could be easily skewed by happening when one or two of the bigger or more powerful members are offline.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:44:43 +0000

Why start this early ??

Most players are still working on their IQ .. so wars are a waste of Energy !
Plus my post => viewtopic.php?p=28944#p28944

PS: Myck read point # 3 again !
Last edited by Ozy {DD} on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:47:18 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:46:15 +0000

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:3 - All wars will be a best 2 out of 3, once you have won 2 wars, you advance on the arena and the loser drops out the comp

I would rather see a "league" where everyone wars everyone.. 3 points a win, 1 a draw and 0 a loss.. home and away fights(gangs declare one time each)

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:7 - If another gang attacks your war target, that is fair game. It comes with the territory and frankly as much as it is dirty, its part of war

Already at this point i would like to say, anyone want my help to win the comp? mail me and we'll make a deal where i kill your gang during the wars..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:49:14 +0000

[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:
|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:7 - If another gang attacks your war target, that is fair game. It comes with the territory and frankly as much as it is dirty, its part of war

Already at this point i would like to say, anyone want my help to win the comp? mail me and we'll make a deal where i kill your gang during the wars..

Would add ... while 2 gangs are locked, all other gang become ALLY, so they can kill, but have to click each link twice .. to give a better chance to those in war !

With ALLY option disable in profile :D
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:52:53 +0000

[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:I would rather see a "league" where everyone wars everyone.. 3 points a win, 1 a draw and 0 a loss.. home and away fights(gangs declare one time each)

I like this idea personally and i am gng to update it into the list

[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:Already at this point i would like to say, anyone want my help to win the comp? mail me and we'll make a deal where i kill your gang during the wars..

I think that a better way would be that if a person does a thing like this their gangs loses X points

Ozy {DD} wrote:Why start this early ??

Why not know who is the best gang of them all while we are all growing, we need to have fun and actually play the game instead of just saving ecs and building IQ, that is boring as hell
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:56:31 +0000

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:
[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:Already at this point i would like to say, anyone want my help to win the comp? mail me and we'll make a deal where i kill your gang during the wars..

I think that a better way would be that if a person does a thing like this their gangs loses X points

Let's say that im not in the comp and are hacking random and hit alot of members in one gang and the other gang just a little, or i could say i do that and just be a smartass helping a gang after all...

|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:
Ozy {DD} wrote:Why start this early ??

Why not know who is the best gang of them all while we are all growing, we need to have fun and actually play the game instead of just saving ecs and building IQ, that is boring as hell

What Fuzzy said..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby |BAD|Matty on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:01:11 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:
Would add ... while 2 gangs are locked, all other gang become ALLY, so they can kill, but have to click each link twice .. to give a better chance to those in war !

With ALLY option disable in profile :D

A very good idea. That way the gang at war will have a chance to kill members of the other gang. However....to give a fair chance to everyone, even the gangs at war should have the ally option on so its not about who's browser loads faster.
|BAD|Matty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:02:28 +0000

Any Gang War Tournament shouldn't be mandatory !!

To even the odds, each gang will be added with INACTIVE players to fill in the missing members !

We are 32 members, 7s are 23 => 7s will have 9 INACTIVE players added to their gang automatically.
(Lets make the gangs worth something to help new members, instead of taking in only the top ranked players !)

Of-course you'll have to prevent members from other gang joining in just for 1 war ..
(Gangs Owner honesty will have to play in, to avoid the fiasco of pre-reset Total war)

ex:
Gang locked no one can get in once war started. Members can leave (to be replaced by INACTIVE players automatically)
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:05:05 +0000

[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:
|TMz|Confuzzed wrote:

Let's say that im not in the comp and are hacking random and hit alot of members in one gang and the other gang just a little, or i could say i do that and just be a smartass helping a gang after all...

This is something that i dont think we can control, its part of the territory. All we could do is trust people to have some standards BUT being a war situation, i would want to make sure my gang wins on points and this may mean taking out another gangs war so that they lose and we can get ahead of points, it would be a strategic move and i dont see how we can not allow this

|BAD|Matty wrote:A very good idea. That way the gang at war will have a chance to kill members of the other gang. However....to give a fair chance to everyone, even the gangs at war should have the ally option on so its not about who's browser loads faster.

This could make things slightly more fair as you would need to double click, but then Aoen would need to enable it for all gangs for the duration of the comp (including 600's)

Ozy it aint mandatory, its up to the gang if they want to join. We however cannot force gangs to increase in size
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:07:52 +0000

Hell no to "inactive players" added in gangs.. that would be like having a blind man running for your team in a marathon..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby |BAD|Matty on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:09:07 +0000

Just "pause" the comp on sunday and get the ally option off for a day. I'm sure it's not that much work...
|BAD|Matty
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:19:18 +0000

[OSX]Diseased Violence wrote:Hell no to "inactive players" added in gangs.. that would be like having a blind man running for your team in a marathon..

For you then it's only small gangs with top active member that can win ... get rid of all those players that can't be on 24/7 ... and have a life ..

Simplistic concept of Gang !

And yes, Blind People are also allowed to run !!!

And by the way , their is loads of non gang members that wouldn't mind joining your gang ... add the INACTIVE only to have the same amount of members in both teams !

Or for big gangs, have an option to PROTECT some members , where the enemy can't kill them ...
We are 32 you have 17, we can choose to PROTECT against your team 15 members !
Once again the two gang have the same advantage of number !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:27:50 +0000

What about you kicking your inactive members so we could have a "fair fight" or you could stay with the member count.. your choice...

if there was a comp and osx was in it and got "inactive players" in it, it wouldn't be osx anymore...

if youre idea should get trought there could be gangs created by the admin and they set everyone that want to be in the comp in a gang by random and fill them up with "inactive players" so there would be mass hacking and a big waste of energy..
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:33:08 +0000

Except Miru, all my members have been online inside the last 18 hours .. so NO, we don't have INACTIVE members !!

so no reason for me to kick them !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Next

Return to General Chat