Gang War Comp

Talk about anything you want here.

Re: Gang War Comp

Postby Diseased Violence on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:52:40 +0000

so you want others to have "inactive member" that your gang can kill but wont kill your gang?
Diseased Violence
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 23:16:53 +0000

How about DD sponsor the creation of a secondary gang? Then you could come down in numbers and wouldn't have to hide, Oz.

I think the numbers should be locked, and if you have too many weaker players to survive a war, then there's your object lesson for the day. Don't add any inactive IDs to the roster, Just stand on the members that make up your gang. If you can't then there's another object lesson for you.

I think there's some merit to the idea of 'equal numbers' that Oz had, as in if one gang has less than the other, only the top ranked members count. So if gang A has 16 and gang B has 30, then only the top 16 ranked members of gang B count toward the kills for the war.
All reality is subjective
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby valtam on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 00:03:02 +0000

Having a large amount of members is a massive handicap in any gang war, this fact simply cannot be argued in any conceivable way.
DD has the biggest amount, and as such also the biggest handicap. Regardless of which gang we're up against in the first round if we join, DD WILL LOOSE. Not because we're bad players, inactive, weak, or because we have bad luck or anything - it's simply because we are too many targets. It has very little to do with how effective, awesome and powerful each gang are, it's all down to game mechanics. Gang wars are quite frankly terrible indications of how powerful a gang is. They are an indication, but not a good one. DD has chosen to take more members under it's wings without fear of the consequences than any other gang, and there is absolutely no reason for us to be ashamed of that. I'm speaking for myself here, but as far as I'm concerned, the only reason we're "hiding" is an entirely pragmatical, realistical conclusion to reach. If you think that's cowardly, then that's your opinions, but this Behemoth sees no reason to waste his energy against an opponent we cannot realistically beat.

I wholeheartedly agree with fuzzy aswell. Events, tournaments, large wars, anything and everything is good game. There is no "beating the game" on CW, there is only ever the journey towards a destination one will never truly reach, so the more things that happen all the time on the way, the better.

Adding inactive members to each gang to even the score would be a hilariously stupid solution, and I really hope that isn't done, lol. I'd rather see DD not joining at all so that everyone else can fight on equal terms, than having to make admins tailor the competition simply so that we can be squeezed in fairly somehow. And no, DD will never make a second gang. There's is no reason for us too.
valtam

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 00:51:23 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:Except Miru, all my members have been online inside the last 18 hours .. so NO, we don't have INACTIVE members !!

so no reason for me to kick them !

Your gang is weak. Deal with it.

I love the idea of the gang war torney, so I'll do my best to persuade my gang leader to join in ;)
Also, the round robin style would be a lot better than the initially proposed knockout style, so can you please delete the knockout entry in the rules :P Apart from that, it looks fairly loophole proof in my eyes.
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Seen a really good suggestion? Mark it as a Top Suggestion!
Rusty

CW Profile

Postby [7s] Twidget on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:20:43 +0000

Interesting. I too think it's a bit early, but 7S would probably still compete.
[7s] Twidget
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:26:21 +0000

Ozy i hear your concerns and i well understand them, but as is stated, this is a GANG war comp. We cannot penalize gangs because one or 2 gangs are smaller or bigger than others. I would however suggest that you maybe start a training gang or pass some of your members to another gang for the duration of the contest. The other option is to get them to suicide just like the weaker gangs (like mine) will have to do in order to have the smallest of chances.

Twid to address your concern, i think its a great chance for us to see how the various gangs are growing over time. I mean if we do this once a quarter we would be able to see which gangs are becoming stronger and more active and which ones are fading into the background

Now at this point i know of at least 4 gangs that are willing to do this. I think everyone is happy with the rules. So if there are no more objections, (The gang numbers issue will no longer be counted) i would like to know from each gangs owner who will be interested??

Please either mail me
http://www.cyber-wars.com/mail.php?view=write&to=11638

or just post in here
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Ozy {DD} on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:06:15 +0000

Rusty wrote:Your gang is weak. Deal with it.

LoL .. that's why we are the gang with the most TOP 100 ... almost 1 out of 4 is {DD} :lol:

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:I think there's some merit to the idea of 'equal numbers' that Oz had, as in if one gang has less than the other, only the top ranked members count. So if gang A has 16 and gang B has 30, then only the top 16 ranked members of gang B count toward the kills for the war.

Seems one got the idea !
Ozy {DD}
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 19:15:25 +0000

Ozy {DD} wrote:
Rusty wrote:Your gang is weak. Deal with it.

LoL .. that's why we are the gang with the most TOP 100 ... almost 1 out of 4 is {DD} :lol:

[OSX] Myckaal wrote:I think there's some merit to the idea of 'equal numbers' that Oz had, as in if one gang has less than the other, only the top ranked members count. So if gang A has 16 and gang B has 30, then only the top 16 ranked members of gang B count toward the kills for the war.

Seems one got the idea !

It's obvious you'd want that system, as you just mentioned you're the one with the most top 100.
If you really do think your gang is better, put your money where you mouth is and enter the comp. ;)
Annoyed that I locked your thread? Have I unfairly deleted your post? If you are sure that you didn't just forget to push the submit button, please see my rules to check you didn't break any of them! If you are still unhappy, please mail me (I like mail :)).
If your reading this, you have a good attention to detail. We need people like you to help us out on the CW wiki. Apply for the roll by mailing me.

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:47:18 +0000

Or .....

Every gang has a "top ten members list." Make that the gang's 'war champions.'
When the gang signs up for the competition, only the top ten ranked members of the gang count for the competition. This will give a better idea of which gang is "The Best." Each gang sends a group of representatives, sort of like the Olympics. And this will give you a definitive way to 'keep it fair' for those gangs that are too bloated with 'fledgling members' to effectively war with other gangs. You could probably toss this into the normal gang wars, but I'd go with the top 15 or 20 at that point.
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:19:51 +0000

+1

though I think it should be more than top 10, top 15 seems better because it isn't just your top ranked members that make the gang "the best" its every member thats in it that is required to make it the best.
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby Rusty on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 01:14:55 +0000

[OSX]-Luffy- wrote:+1

though I think it should be more than top 10, top 15 seems better because it isn't just your top ranked members that make the gang "the best" its every member thats in it that is required to make it the best.

+1, but instead I think it should be the whole gang. Oh, wait... ;)
Just jking, but seriously all these amendments to a traditional comp are just bending the rules to suite individual gang's strengths. Nothing wrong with trying it on, but it would mean serious organisation and consensus, two things which CW isn't renowned for :P
IMO, keep the comp as simple as possible. A round robin between competing gangs for 1k kills will do.
So, any update from fuzzy about who has entered and when it is happening?

Rusty

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:17:30 +0000

Well so far no-one has entered so i have no idea
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

Postby [OSX]-Luffy- on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:58:17 +0000

I thought OSX made it clear that we are always up for active war
[OSX]-Luffy-

CW Profile

Postby Myckaal on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 20:53:47 +0000

Yeah. All you have to do is let us know the date, the stakes, and go from there.

I agree that the top ten isn't the best example of who the best gang is, but as I also said, it would be like sending a team to the Olympics. It would be the strongest representation of each gang, with their fellow members supporting them. The rest of the crew is perfectly capable of supporting the team with ECs, viruses, whatever. But the only ones who would count for kills would be the emissaries. This would make it so that the 'numbers effect' has no affect on the outcome of the competition.

And the suggestion for using the same idea for standard wars is only so that gangs like DD can take on a shitload of noobs without having to sign a truce-war to not get farmed.
Myckaal
Donator

CW Profile

Postby Confuzzed on Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:30:18 +0000

OK so OSX will be facing OSX :lol:

Its pointless having a comp with 2 gangs involved, or is that just me? I honestly thought BAD, 7's and ONE would have joined as i know that TMz will join, we have already voted on that
Confuzzed
Donator

CW Profile

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat